Project Executive - Industrial - Atlanta
- Atlanta, GA
The Project Executive will be responsible for working within the Industrial Business Unit to acquire work, and then overseeing the successful execution of multiple projects as the “executive in charge”. Success will be measured by winning the business and keeping our clients happy, while ensuring our projects maintain schedule, budget, and the industry leading level of safety we demand.
This person is a leader, currently employed, and is capable of working on large and complex projects that are typically design-build delivery. This is a driven, entrepreneurial individual with Distribution Center, Manufacturing, and/or Food & Beverage construction expertise, along with general commercial Real Estate Development knowledge. This is a mentor and communicator, looking to truly establish his or her career, by successfully leading teams of construction professionals and developing future leaders and future business at Clayco.
The Specifics of the Role:
- Develop a Business Plan
- Develop Business in the Market
- Lead the team in RFQ/RFP/ GMP responses
- Negotiate the deal and contract with the owner
- Manage the field staff in project setup and project execution
- Manage the field staff in project delivery of the project (safety, financial, schedule, quality).
- Maintain client relationships
- Ultimately responsible for the delivery of the projects.
- Maintain complete understanding of the Clayco/Owner contract
- Monitor project costs and Job Cost Report
- Monitor project labor projections and costs
- Lead role with Preconstruction services in bidding projects
- 15+ Years of Experience in construction management or operations
- 8+ Years of substantial and broad business experience in Distribution Center, Manufacturing, and/or Food and Beverage projects, with individual project values ranging in excess of $20 million or multiple smaller projects simultaneously (design build preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- Complete knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
- Proficient at leading project teams dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
- Proficient at leading a successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
Some things you should know
- Our clients and projects are nationwide – so some travel will be required
- No other builder can offer the collaborative design-build approach that Clayco does
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
- The pace is fast
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#24)