Steel Project Estimator
- Saint Louis, MO
This position will provide overall estimating and project management for the steel procurement department.
The Specifics of the Role:
- Responsible for accurate material quantity take-off
- Develops comprehensive, detailed proposal for the project estimated
- Establish and maintain schedules with regard to both drawings and delivery. Work with customer to ensure that internal schedule is consistent with job schedule and manage schedule changes internally
- Work closely with accounting to establish and manage a schedule of values for progress billing
- Coordinate with steel subcontractors
- Maintain project budget throughout each project, with profit and loss accountability
- Identify opportunities for change orders and establish cost where applicable.
- Prepare, issue and track change order status for material above and beyond the original contract.
- Review purchase orders and specifications on new jobs to ensure the work scope is consistent with the bid.
- Minimize job site and schedule problems wherever possible and minimize cost impact of potential back charges
- Develop options and recommend best value solutions based on cost, engineering, quality, or availability of materials
- Ensure department achieves goals through management and leadership mentality.
- 5+ years estimating and project management experience in the commercial industrial construction industry
- Knowledge and understanding of building construction combined with steel design concepts presented on architectural and engineering drawings
- Ability to understand construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to prepare proposals with minimum supervision
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of conceptual estimating, estimating techniques and cost control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates should be able to clearly articulate bid inclusions, exclusions, and proposal clarifications with owners and subcontractors
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- College Degree or Equivalent Experience Preferred
- On-Screen Estimating Software
- AutoCAD / Revit
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- This job description is not all inclusive and may include other duties as assigned
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#24)