The Project Executive’s main responsibility is to acquire construction projects and oversee the successful execution of those projects as the “executive in charge." Your success will be measured by winning business and keeping your clients happy through completion of respective projects. You will do this by ensuring projects maintain schedule, budget, and the industry leading level of safety required by Clayco.
The right person for this role is a leader, currently employed as a Project Executive, Director, or Senior Project Manager in the construction industry who has previous experience working on large and complex industrial distribution center, manufacturing, or food and beverage projects. Previous experience working with third party Real Estate Developers who focus on industrial/distribution/manufacturing/food and beverage is a must for the person in this role. The right person is a mentor and communicator - someone who enjoys leading teams of construction professionals and wants to develop future leaders and future business at Clayco.
The Specifics of the Role:
• Develop a Business Plan
• Develop Business in the Market
• Lead the team in RFQ/RFP/ GMP responses
• Negotiate the deal and contract with the owner
• Manage the field staff in project setup and project execution
• Manage the field staff in project delivery of the project (safety, financial, schedule, quality).
• Maintain client relationships
• Ultimately responsible for the delivery of the projects.
• Maintain complete understanding of the Clayco/Owner contract
• Monitor project costs and Job Cost Report
• Monitor project labor projections and costs
• Lead role with Preconstruction services in bidding projects
• 15+ Years of Experience in construction management or operations
• 8+ Years of substantial and broad business experience in Distribution Center, Manufacturing, and/or Food and Beverage projects, with individual project values ranging in excess of $40 million or multiple smaller projects simultaneously (design build preferred).
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
• Complete knowledge of construction principles/practices required
• Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
• Proficient at leading project teams dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
• Proficient at leading a successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
• Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#24)
Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment