Operations Executive - Residential - Phoenix
- Phoenix, AZ
The Operations Executive will provide coordination, direction, control and leadership on projects as the "single point of contact" for the owner, design department, and the project staff. Ensure quality and timely execution of design/build projects from design to completion. The Operations Executive will manage projects as well as work with marketing, pre-construction services, business unit leaders, and operations to oversee and manage these phases: Scheduling, subcontractor buyout, cost reporting, preparation of subcontracts, the handling of owner coordination, and project closeout. This role will include mentoring and managing Project Managers and Engineers and have overall responsibility for these projects.
The Specifics of the Role
- Develop detailed Project Contract status report
- Coordinate with Project Management and Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
- Maintain complete understanding of the Clayco/Owner contract
- Oversee the pay request process
- Monitor project costs and Job Cost Report
- Analyze and forecast quarterly Total Cost Projection reports
- Monitor training of all staff personnel
- Monitor project labor projections and costs
- Review and approve material and equipment needs
- Lead role with Preconstruction services in bidding projects
- Ensure safety, EEO and Affirmative Action program requirements are met.
- Lead the project’s quality process.
- Develop schedule and lead project close-out processes
- Works with Project Managers to track change orders
- 15+ Years of Experience
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- Complete knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals
- Proficient at leading project teams dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
- Proficient at leading a successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency
- Successfully project managed projects of at least 30 million dollars or two smaller projects simultaneously (design build preferred).
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders, and multi floor scaffolding.
- Ability to lift objects at least 30lbs
Some Things You Should Know:
- To serve our Clients in the Phoenix Region– some travel will be required
- No other builder can offer the collaborative design-build approach that Clayco does
- We work on creative, complex, award-winning, high profile jobs
- The pace is fast
Clayco is a full-service, turnkey real estate development, master planning, architecture, engineering and construction firm that safely delivers clients across North America the highest quality solutions on time, on budget, and above and beyond expectations. With $4.9 billion in revenue for 2021, Clayco specializes in the "art and science of building," providing fast track, efficient solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential related building projects.
Best Places to Work – Crain’s Chicago Business, St. Louis Business Journal
ENR – Top Midwest Contractors (#1), Top Design Build Contractors (#4), Top 400 Contractors (#16)