Our client, a leading institutional asset manager is seeking a Product Designer. This job is fully remote. Candidates must be in these states: MA, CA, FL.
Why Should You Join Us?
Our client is undergoing rapid growth of its technology team and is looking for highly motivated individuals to be a part of our exciting future. We are reengineering and redeveloping our suite of custom in-house software to meet our current and future needs, and to utilize the latest technology to support our growing business for many years to come..
What We Are Looking For
As a Mid-Level Product Designer, you will share responsibilities in a variety of design areas including building and refining our internal technology tools, assisting in UX research and communication design, and maintaining our design system. You’ll report to our Director of Design, who oversees two Product Designers (of you would be one) and a UX Researcher.
· As a Product Designer you’ll address business and product goals, understanding our customers and developing experiences whose performance can be measured, then working with engineers to build, ship and refine them. You have an excellent understanding of design tools and agile methodologies.
· Alongside UX Researcher(s), discover the information you need – from both the business and our users – to completely understand the work, including the earliest possible identification of success metrics.
· Also in collaboration with UX Researcher(s), synthesize business and user data to define the problem(s) being solved, and generate a scope of work.
· Based on scope, ideate across a wide range of solutions and fidelities (from low-fidelity hand sketches to high-fidelity mockups), testing with users early to validate concepts.
· Create user flows, critical paths, hand-drawn UI sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively communicate your team’s ideas.
· Perform quick hypothesis tests with colleagues, key decision-makers, and our customers to steer and refine concepts.
· Work across the entire customer experience, collaborating often and deeply with Communication Designer(s).
· Review early concepts with engineering partners to ensure feasibility and receive feedback.
· Build, test, iterate and ship designs that solve business and user needs.
· Create high-fidelity clickable prototypes.
· In partnership with UX Research, conduct usability tests to validate assumptions and refine the UI.
· Work closely with your engineering and QA partners to optimize the shipped design, ensuring customers’ needs are met.
· Measure the results according to previously defined success metrics.
· Communicate and collaborate effectively with teams across Product, Engineering, Business Development and the entire firm.
· Schedule, structure, prepare and deliver design reviews, presenting your solutions in the context of the problem(s) being solved.
· Work with our design system, handling new component requests and documenting your work in a shared cloud account.
· Share your work often, and receive and provide effective feedback.
· Build productive relationships with key partners, including Product Managers, and Engineers.
· 3+ years working in digital product design.
· Experience with human-centered design and design thinking.
· Worked in highly multidisciplinary teams (Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, etc.)
· Attention to detail, and a shrewd sensitivity on where and when to apply it.
· A critical thinker, not afraid to ask questions and accept uncertain answers.
· Experience in technology and innovation processes (agile, lean, sprints) and ready to continue evolving those processes with your team and