Director of UX
- New York, NY
Our client, a SaaS-based company with a mission to make world-class marketing available to everyone is seeking a Director of UX. This a remote job with occasional travel to NYC.
Trusted by over 1,000,000 brands and small businesses, our innovative tools automate the most difficult parts of digital marketing to make anyone feel like they have a marketing team at their side. By simplifying the complexities of digital marketing, we aim to make it accessible and approachable for all, regardless of marketing expertise.
Our 55-person company has grown quickly in recent years, but what got us to this point won’t be what elevates us to the next level.
That's where you come in! Accomplishing these bold objectives requires truly exceptional UX that sets us apart and gets our members talking about how easy, intuitive, and indispensable we are. As our UX director, you’ll be tasked with helping us get there by growing and leading our Product Design and UX Research team, setting UX strategy, establishing best-in-class UX practices, improving collaborative processes, partnering closely with Product and Engineering to inform roadmap and strategy, and bringing fresh perspectives to elevate our overall UX through a user-centered philosophy, lean principles, and a data-driven approach.
Sound exciting? Join us to help continue our quest to democratize digital marketing, expand our offerings, and invent new ways to help small businesses grow smarter and faster!
What you’ll do:
- Lead and develop the team by creating structure, setting standards, showing empathy, modeling the way, rewarding the right behaviors, and supporting your team’s growth and career objectives.
- Quote from one of our designers: “Be the kind of leader I would aspire to become someday. I would love to be able to pick their brain on strategy, career advice, leadership, operations, etc., pair on high-level UX initiatives, as well as just learn from them by watching how they lead.”
- Recruit, evaluate, and hire new talent to grow our team of Product Designers and UX Researchers to enable exceptional work on a rapidly scaling product.
- Empower the team to make informed, evidence-based decisions that deliver value to users and results for our business.
- Set the bar: define what great user experience actually is, establish standards for the team to aspire to, and foster continuous improvement towards those ideals.
- Pursue a north star of seamless collaboration between product, design and engineering -- as well as CS and Marketing -- to ship bar-raising work at a rapid pace.
- Foster a positive, vibrant design culture through collaborative leadership and design advocacy across the organization.
- Advocate for our users and the business in strategy, roadmap prioritization, and day to day work to build an amazing product.
- Drive development of our design system, "Runway", as a force multiplier on your team.
Key attributes for our ideal next teammate:
- Not your first rodeo: several years experience managing a team of product designers to deliver and consistently meet company goals, with comfort doing so in a remote environment.
- Crave customer delight: a human-centered product/design process that produces thoughtful, engaging, and impactful product experiences that people love and makes a real difference in their lives.
- Communication: excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills with the ability to effectively convey ideas, facilitate discussion, and lead through influence at a tactical and strategic level.
- Lead from experience: you’ve been in the seat of those you’re leading -- with established skills and competence across key design disciplines from visual and UI to UX, interaction, IA, usability, and research/discovery.
- SaaS product experience: demonstrated history of shipping and iterating on complex, impact-oriented B2B or B2C product design and UX research work in a SaaS product environment (preferably with a product-led model).
- Partnership-oriented: your natural tendency is to collaborate closely with product and engineering, as well as others across the company to find elegant but practical solutions to challenges in design, process, strategy, team, or other aspects of the business.
Knowledge or experience that may set you apart:
- MarTech industry experience
- Designing products for small businesses
- Building, maintaining, and driving adoption of design systems
- Experience in early-stage / startup environments
Thursday, June 16, 2022