- Beverly, MA
Our client, a developer of robotic systems, automation and laboratory devices used by biotech companies is seeking a Sole Technical Writer.
The Technical Writer is responsible for the preparation and editing of Operator Instruction manuals (hardware and software), service manuals, user guides, startup guides, data sheets, templates for marketing collateral, instruction sheets and technical product literature for multiple departments. The technical writer will work closely with Engineering (software, electrical, mechanical, systems), Project Management, Quality, Marketing, and other departments as necessary.
- Research products by studying the product specifications, interviewing subject matter experts, using prototype hardware and software.
- Research, plan, write, edit, and coordinate the development of required product literature in the appropriate timeframes for product launch and in compliance with company operating procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure that product literature is consistent, clear, technically accurate, complete, and meets regulatory, marketing, and branding requirements.
- Commit to a scheduled completion date. Inform management if schedule requires adjustment.
- Support project teams by developing, communicating, and maintaining project estimates, schedules, and status.
- Edit documents, making technically and stylistically appropriate modifications.
- Update existing technical literature and labels as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of internal systems and procedures to ensure consistency of format, style, clarity, safety, and technical accuracy.
- Assist in the coordination of outside vendors such as illustrators, photographers, and printers, ensuring that they stay on schedule and within budget.
- Peer review documents produced by other writers.
- Other projects as assigned.
- BS or BA degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, or a technical field with coursework in technical writing.
- Previous technical writing experience in the medical device, robotics, automation or related industry (5 years minimum).
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Experience working with complex hardware and software systems and engineering teams.
- Aptitude for new technologies and tools.
- Experience with managing vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, sometimes with short or changing deadlines.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
Wednesday, June 2, 2021