Head of Value Added Services
- Athens, GA
Our client is seeking a Head of Value Added Services who will be responsible for partnering with the Product and Professional Services Leadership team to execute on the company vision of ramping-up their professional services offering and engaging with their customers to deliver an extended portfolio of Value Added Services.
This role, which can be remote, will report to the Head of Professional Services to ensure the complete execution of our services strategy and serve as a strategic contributor for the SVP of Product.
Our ideal candidate is an expert in service design and delivery of technology platforms with a strong preference in eLearning or talent management solutions. You must also have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to partner with multiple stakeholders as we build and deliver a new offering to both current and prospective customers. The Value-Added Services team is a new, critical business unit and the Director of VAS will ultimately be responsible for the unit’s oversight and success.
Own and contribute to our Value Added Services Strategic Plan
- Manage the internal startup of our extended professional services group, building it as a key component of the journey and value proposition to both current and upcoming customers.
- Define the Service offering and detailed value proposition; outlining the Service Blueprints and Service Roadmap, including specification and success metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with the Revenue and Finance leadership teams in order to define the pricing strategy and model while managing the team's P&L and results.
Execute Value Added Services launch and continued Operations
- Coordinate the delivery of the Services; organizing and prioritizing processes and resources.
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders; creating effective communication processes and rituals:
- Internally with the Sales & Marketing, Customer Success, Solution Deployment, Customer Support, and Product organizations to help build out collaterals and commercial strategy and services based on our product(s) capabilities.
- Externally with our extended partner network by enabling them to provide services on their own or by outsourcing additional services to them.
- Externally, by being a customer champion and analyzing the customers’ needs and areas of interest in order to grow the Value Added services portfolio.
- Manage the services delivery and customer satisfaction by coordinating and leading a globally distributed team of highly talented professionals.
- Monitor the teams’ productivity in order to optimize processes and workflows.
- Work closely with HR to supervise the recruiting of high-potential individuals (internal and external candidates) for each functional role and build an onboarding process for new team members.
- Implement an organization that encourages professional development and career progression within the team.
- Catch business opportunities working in partnership with internal teams like Sales and Customer Success, Solution Deployment, Customer Support, and Product teams.
Role competencies and requirements:
- 7+ years of experience in Professional Services with 3+ years of operational leadership experience, managing multidisciplinary, global, and remote teams.
- Experience in managing teams remotely located in different countries.
- Passion for defining and implementing services that affect customer success and augment usage and retention.
- Ability to inspire group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Passion for owning the business unit’s economic sustainability, revenue, and growth with a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- An enthusiastic, creative leadership style with a demonstrated desire for continuous learning and the ability to inspire others.
- Ability to make timely decisions and manage priorities with an analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Strong empathy for customers with the ability to build solid relationships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working for B2B SaaS companies preferred.
- E-learning or HCM industry experience preferred.
- Domestic and International travel as needed, up to 20%, including being in the Athens office several days a month.
Thursday, October 8, 2020