Director of UX
- New York, NY
This position is open to candidates who will work remotely or may relocate to NY.
Our client, a cyber security startup in NYC is seeking a Director of UX who can bring their SaaS security platform to the next level. The company is growing tremendously, and we're looking for people who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development.
As individuals and as a community, we are Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, and operate as One Team. We are Resilient and Embody #SecurityDNA to practice what we preach.
If these values resonate, we'd love to hear from you!
About the Role
Are you an entrepreneurial-minded, user-centric UX and Visual Designer? Are you up for the challenge of redefining what a security SaaS platform can be? We are seeking an innovator - someone who will drive the design of our product, from the user flows to user interface components, and everything in between. This role will require you to exercise agility and adapt to changes in the market. If you love a dynamic development environment, this is a great opportunity!
You will work from our NYC headquarters and report to our VP of Product.
- You’ll lead the UX team and work in partnership with Engineering and Product to continually iterate on our UX vision, strategy and processes
- Define the overall UX strategy and vision for our products, working with department heads to ensure full alignment
- Effectively document and communicate the product design intent using various techniques—e.g. wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, user work flows
- Conduct frequent customer interviews/research further articulate design POV and intent
- Research and advance ways to conceptualize and advance the user experience;
- Lead design reviews and bring forward inspiring ideas to the team
Apply if the following sounds like you!
- 8+ years of UX and Design experience, primarily in SaaS software
- A bachelor's or master's degree in design, related field or equivalent work experience as a designer, including experience designing web applications
- Proven user-centric design skills, understands principles of interaction design
- Demonstrated ability to develop user interfaces, prototypes, and requirements such as screen mockups and user flows
- Ability to apply visual patterns and design details across the product and understand all the style implications
- Experience in field studies, usability tests, customer reviews, and other user-centered research methodologies
- Interest in cybersecurity
- Experience partnering with highly technical cross functional teams, and making decisions without total consensus
- Experience working with customer facing web experiences
- Experience with data visualizations principles and practices. Talk Tufte.
- Experience using tools like Sketch, Balsamiq, Illustrator, and Photoshop or other design applications
Tuesday, August 20, 2019