Contract Senior User Researcher- Remote
- San Francisco, CA
Our client is seeking a Contract UX Researcher to help them understand how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted goals and experiences of small business owners & operators, so they can empower them with great systems for payroll, employee onboarding, benefits, performance reviews, and more. You’ll also seek to understand how small businesses that are considering Payroll solutions think about price.
We’re looking for a highly experienced, practical researcher who’s as passionate as we are about the power of understanding people’s goals & needs. You’ll have the opportunity to both plan and run these advanced research initiatives while collaborating with our Growth Product & Design team. The right person will be a skilled communicator, proactive, and comfortable focusing on any UX research approaches (qualitative or quantitative) necessary to improve all elements of our customers’ experience; including tactical research & deeper, strategic need-finding research.
This will be a 3 month full time contract role (part or flexible time options will be considered)
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and other researchers to zero in on the impacts that COVID-19 has had on small businesses , and co-design meaningful ways to explore your findings to contribute to our strategy.
- Work closely with the aforementioned teams to gain a deeper understanding of the considerations of small business owners with regard to pricing, when it comes to choosing a Payroll solution.
- Conduct research ranging from tactical UX research, strategic needs-finding research, and data exploration, depending on what would most help the company & the teams you’d be working alongside, in support of our customers.
- Choose research methods and processes that lead to sound decision-making in a fast-paced and scrappy startup environment, including blending & interpreting information across a mix of available data sources, and helping to collect more data where we need it.
- Communicate, promote, and spread research results with approaches that influence teams in all the right ways & impact product decisions, because you’ve designed the research to resonate with teams’ & customers’ shared goals.
- Work with our UX Research Coordinator, Design Ops Manager, & leadership to identify opportunities & process for teams to partner up on research, and to shape our research practices from the ground up.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience conducting user research for SaaS companies.
- 5+ years of experience working within a research team.
- Practical experience with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, techniques for synthesis, and testing tools.
- Demonstrated ability to make smart decisions about how and when to apply research methods based on solid understanding of their benefits and tradeoffs.
- Self-aware and polished communicator who can collaborate effectively with peers, participants, and team leads.
- Independent, proactive problem-solver who can adapt to changing priorities while staying in sync with multiple stakeholders.
Bonus points for:
- Success with UX research in B2B & regulated industries
- Prior experience researching small businesses and/or prior experience studying price impacts
- Strong quantitative data analysis chops.
Monday, June 29, 2020