System Engineer III (Linux)
Clear Ridge Defense
- Fort Meade, MD
*********Only Applicants with the required clearance level will be reviewed for these openings************
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Clearance: TS/SCI, FSP
Clear Ridge is looking for a System Engineer III (Linux). This System Engineer III position supports the back-end of a next generation end user environment that combines a standard modern Windows based Desktop and Office Automation, with Unified Communications through a virtual environment.It brings improvements to desktop reliability, security, efficiency, and performance.With tools for creating, connecting, and collaborating, this environment allows managers, engineers, analysts, and other user groups to focus on their job, while this program provides the necessary IT support.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supports system deployments and infrastructure implementation
- Experience with cloud/servers/network/storage implementation and support, along with some VMWare and/or Nutanix hypervisor, or related virtualization, experience.
- Hardware troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Prepares documentation for infrastructure changes and participates in meetings to discuss and obtain approvals for changes
- Completes network monitoring and deployment reports and/or metrics as determined by the customer
- After-hour call-ins are possible
- There is a possibility of NON-hostile area travel (CONUS & OCONUS)
- Minimum equivalent combined education and experience required:Either a Doctorate plus 1 year ,OR Master’s plus 3 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 5 years,Associate’s plus 7 years, OR H.S./GED plus 9 years .
- Must demonstrate initiative to move beyond status quo, i.e.Recommending improvements and ways to optimize systems
- Must have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with a Poly
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position:Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE, GCIH, or GCED
- Good general experience with cloud/servers/network/storage, and the ability to remotely identify issues.
- Experience in remotely troubleshooting issues to include, NIC, DIMM, and HDD.
- Strong familiarization with iLOM, BMC, and IDRAC interface.
- Linux as primary O/S skill, with Windows as secondary.
- Experience with hypervisors such as VMWare and Nutanix.
- Rack/stack equipment installation experience.
- System logging and auditing.
- UNIX Shell scripting, Python, BASH, and basic Puppet experience.
- Active Directory.
- Experience identifying, tracking, and mitigating through a corporate ticketing system.
We have a unique approach to compensation and benefits.
- 100% Fully-Covered Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Life Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- $500 New Uniform Bonus for Transitioning Military
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Monthly Gym Wellness / Streaming Subscription Stipend
- Competitive 401k Matching
- Annual Training Allotment
- $5,000 Employee Referral Bonuses
- Business Development and Client Expansion Bonuses
*100% Fully-Covered means the employee does not pay a dime from their paycheck for these benefits.
Sunday, November 25, 2018