Incident Response Expert
Clear Ridge Defense
- Fort Bragg, NC
Clear Ridge Defense is seeking a Computer Network Defense (CND) / Incident Response (IR) Subject Matter Expert (SME) jack of all trades to immediately join our team in Fort Bragg, NC.
- CISSP (or other acceptable documented IAT level III certification), or within six months of start
- Current Top Secret Security Clearance with current polygraph exam
1. Effectively work as a technical subject matter expert within a team in the conduct of Defensive Cyberspace Operations - Internal Defensive Measures (DCO-IDM).
- Verified 10 years of recent (post 2004) work experience in incident response directly related to below tasks.
- Verified 4 year degree in computer science, cybersecurity, Information systems or related field.
2. Can utilize forensically sound collection techniques of images and inspect to discern mitigation/remediation on enterprise systems, perform real-time CND incident handling (e.g., forensic collections, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) to support deployable Incident Response Teams (IRTs). This includes competency in forensic interrogation/analysis of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 / 10 / 2008 R2 / 2012 R2):
- Understands what and how to examine memory, process dumps, binary image given Open Source Software tools.
- Understands what and how to examine Windows host-based artifacts in the conduct of Incident Response actions.
- Understands which artifacts to collect in order to effectively triage and identify anomalies within the Operating System.
- Possesses fundamentally sound Operating System Theory and understanding of Kernel Mode / User Mode, Memory Management, Processes, threads, run-time stack, System level Dynamically Loaded Libraries (DLLs), Registry
3. Can employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in- multiple places, layered defenses, and security robustness), collect intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and trojans), and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential CND incidents within the enterprise.
4. Can competently perform computer programming tasks employing a scripting language within a Microsoft Windows and GNU/Linux environment
- PowerShell Programming from a Digital Forensic / Incident Response perspective is a critical capability to fill the position
- Python Programming
- Can read from and write to a SQL database
- Can process JSON formatted data (import / export)
- Can process XML formatted data (import / export)
- Can read from and write to files from a fixed and removable storage.
- Can programmatically write scripts to collect, filter, evaluate Operating System artifacts and/or Network Packet Captures (PCAP) for threat analysis and signs of intrusion.
5. Additionally, if interested, the candidate will serve as site lead for the contract within that client work site and on behalf of Clear Ridge Defense -- up for the challenge?
Come learn how we take care of our team, and why we were ranked Inc. 5000 Magazine’s #140 Fastest Growing Company nationwide – ranking #5 in Maryland and #7 in Government Services! And see how we were ranked a 2021 Top Workplace by the Baltimore Sun!
Clear Ridge Defense is the premier service solutions provider supporting the Service and Joint cyberspace operations and intelligence community in three core areas of expertise:
- Cyber Systems & Software Engineering
- Cyber Intelligence & Operations Planning
- Security Risk Analysis, Mitigation & Training
All delivered by highly talented and focused team members that are supported by an unmatched professional and family-oriented culture that leverages and builds on sound, proven principles.
- 100% Fully-Covered Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Life and AD&D Insurance
- Competitive and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) / Leave
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- $500 New Uniform Bonus for Transitioning Military
- Monthly Tax-Free Cell Phone Stipend
- Monthly Tax-Free Gym Wellness / Streaming Subscription Stipend to include Amazon Prime, Netflix, Audible, etc.
- Competitive 401k Matching to plan for retirement
- Free financial advising from qualified experts
- Annual $5,000 Training Allotment
- One-of-a-kind Referral Program: $250/mo indefinitely, with no limit to number of referrals
- Business Development and Client Expansion Bonuses
- Monthly Company-Paid Socials and Events
Monday, December 13, 2021