Storage Subject Matter Expert V
Clear Ridge Defense
- Fort Meade, MD
*********Only Applicants with the required clearance level will be reviewed for these openings************
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Clearance: TS/SCI, FSP
Clear Ridge is looking for a Storage Subject Matter Expert V. This position supports Data Hosting Services, Enterprise Storage and Database Hosting Services, Backup and recovery, Data Archive and Retrieval, File and Block-based Corporate Storage Implementation for the Database Hosting Environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Storage SME must have a thorough background with sustaining and supporting Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Network (SAN), and disk storage arrays.
- Maintain extended enterprise archiving and corporate backup infrastructure is important.
- Provide performance tuning on backup/recovery issues and archive systems management software.
- Have in-depth knowledge of backup/recovery, archival systems, disk arrays, virtual storage devices, and storage resource management software.
- Ability to work with vendors in resolving issues, as well as a thorough understanding of the capabilities of the equipment as it relates to performance and customer data.
- Assist with preparing recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and maintenance of storage systems, databases, and archive systems.
- Brocade SAN switches; Brocade best practices; Best practices in relation to creation of aggregates, volumes and iSCSI LUNs; zoning hosts to storage via command line interface; NFS, CIFS, a-nd iSCSI protocols; EMC, IBM, and Hitachi (Vion) storage arrays; Oracle databases, PL/SQL, and other scripting languages; Symantec Netbackup Enterprise/APIs/Server; Robitic/ACS controlled library; -StorNext; Oracle, Quantum, or IBM tape libraries and tape drives; Isilon and NetApp clusters; Configuration Management (CM); Vfiler (virtual filer) operations; and data recovery.
Required Education and Experience:
- One of the following DoD approved 8570 certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position:Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or -Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Either a Doctorate plus 8 years ,OR Master’s plus 10 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 12 years,Associate’s plus 15 years, OR H.S./GED plus 20 years.
- Must be available to travel (CONUS & OCONUS), less than 10%.
- Must be able to multi-task at times, working several high priority tasks concurrently.The ability to interface in a professional manner with non-technical customers is important.Initiative, communicating, and listening are important to the success of the associated mission.
We have a unique approach to compensation and benefits.
- 100% Fully-Covered Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Life Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- $500 New Uniform Bonus for Transitioning Military
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Monthly Gym Wellness / Streaming Subscription Stipend
- Competitive 401k Matching
- Annual Training Allotment
- $5,000 Employee Referral Bonuses
- Business Development and Client Expansion Bonuses
*100% Fully-Covered means the employee does not pay a dime from their paycheck for these benefits.
Sunday, November 25, 2018