System Engineer III
Clear Ridge Defense
- Fort Meade, MD
*********Only Applicants with the required clearance level will be reviewed for these openings************
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Clearance: TS/SCI, FSP
Clear Ridge is looking for a Systems Engineer III. As a member of the enterprise Storage and Database Hosting team, this position is responsible for the identification and fixing of problems within existing systems.A thorough understanding of LINUX and/or UNIX and UNIX scripting are important, along with familiarity of SGI systems.The Systems Engineer will have familiarity with Oracle/StoragetekACSLS tape libraries, as well as Quantum Scalar libraries; and with managing DataDomain data deduplication/virtual tape libraries and Netapp filers.A good understanding of ssh is necessary, and familiarity with AMASS, StorNext and Netbackup is a plus.An understanding of Java, Perl, Bash, and SQL is important; and although not a requirement, familiarity with DSS would be a welcomed plus.The ability to interface in a professional manner with non-technical customers is important.Initiative, communicating, and listening are important to the success of this position.
- Must have mid-level Unix/Linux system administration experience.
- On call (duty phone rotation) for system server support.
- Able to Rack/Stack equipment, perform hardware configurations, and have experience with networking.
- Design/Develop Microsoft Visio (hardware/components) rack drawings for server rooms infrastructure environment.
- Responsible for documenting systems configuration information for System Security Plan (SSP) and interacting/working with the organization Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
- Must be available for after-hours call-ins.
- There is a possibility of NON-hostile area travel (CONUS & OCONUS)
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum equivalent combined education and experience required:Either a Doctorate plus 1 year ,OR Master’s plus 3 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 5 years,Associate’s plus 7 years, OR H.S./GED plus 9 years .
- Must demonstrate initiative to move beyond status quo, i.e.Recommending improvements and ways to optimize systems
- Must have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with a Poly
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position:Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE, GCIH, or GCED
We have a unique approach to compensation and benefits.
- 100% Fully-Covered Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Life Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- $500 New Uniform Bonus for Transitioning Military
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Monthly Gym Wellness / Streaming Subscription Stipend
- Competitive 401k Matching
- Annual Training Allotment
- $5,000 Employee Referral Bonuses
- Business Development and Client Expansion Bonuses
*100% Fully-Covered means the employee does not pay a dime from their paycheck for these benefits.
Sunday, November 25, 2018