Storage Architect V
Clear Ridge Defense
- Fort Meade, MD
*********Only Applicants with the required clearance level will be reviewed for these openings************
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Clearance: TS/SCI, FSP
Clear Ridge is looking for a Storage Architect V. This position supports the back-end of a next generation end user environment that combines a standard modern Windows based Desktop and Office Automation, with Unified Communications through a virtual environment.It brings improvements to desktop reliability, security, efficiency, and performance.With tools for creating, connecting, and collaborating, this environment allows managers, engineers, analysts, and other user groups to focus on their job, while this program provides the necessary IT support.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring day-to-day operational backups
- Troubleshooting failures and correcting problems
- Working with the SAN and tape libarary management teams
- Working with server administrators to add new clients
- Performance monitoring and application tuning
- New policy creation and policy adjustments
- Production of reports for end users and group management
- Planning and coordinating application updates
- Identifying O/S and hardware issues for server management
- Baselining and planning new hardware for capacity growth and better performance
- Improve processes and process documentation
- Develop and document SOPs and troubleshooting procedures
- Media server and master server setup and system tuning
- Work with security team to establish connectivity, set standards, and ensure data protection
- Utilizing trouble tracking/ticketing systems such as Jira
- Working with Perl and other scripts
- Available for 24/7 call-in support and adjustment of hours, when necessary
- Some areas of experience that will help in being successful include: NetBackup, Fibre Channel tape libraries, SAN storage concepts - zoning and multipathing,Solaris 10, CentOS/RHEL 5 and 6, Windows 2008 and 2012 server, IP networking (including firewalling, DNS, and multihomed hosts), Symantec/Veritas clustering, VxFS, ZFS, Symantec OpsCenter reporting, and process documentation and improvement skills. An ability to interact with various levels of server administrators is necessary.
- Solid tape library background to include:
- Experience with ACSLS, and ACSLS Security is preferred
- Experience with tape and disk used in a SAN environment with RH Linux servers
- StorNext File system and storage manager experience.
- Experience in maintaining a backup infrastructure, to include tuning and troubleshooting NetBackup systems.
- Experience with Installation and configuration of backup clients, media servers, and SAN clients, along with an ability to perform upgrades, configuration management, and management of SAN devices.This includes experience with Fibre Channel tape units (particularly ACS units from StorageTek) and high-volume tape libraries.
- Experience with corporate backup and recovery, using NetBackup, (Preferably with shared storage option and multiple media servers) - including upgrading and installing new servers.Includes Symantec OpsCenter (Reporting for NetBackup)
Required Education and Experience:
- One of the following DoD approved 8570 certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position:Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Either a Doctorate plus 8 years ,OR Master’s plus 10 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 12 years,Associate’s plus 15 years, OR H.S./GED plus 20 years.
- Possibility of travel (CONS U& OCONUS), less than 5%.
We have a unique approach to compensation and benefits.
- 100% Fully-Covered Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Life Insurance
- 100% Fully-Covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- $500 New Uniform Bonus for Transitioning Military
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Monthly Gym Wellness / Streaming Subscription Stipend
- Competitive 401k Matching
- Annual Training Allotment
- $5,000 Employee Referral Bonuses
- Business Development and Client Expansion Bonuses
*100% Fully-Covered means the employee does not pay a dime from their paycheck for these benefits.
Sunday, November 25, 2018