System Security Officer
Clear Ridge Defense
- Hampton, VA
Clear Ridge Defense is seeking TS/SCI cleared professionals to serve as System Security Officers in Hampton Roads, Virginia.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Directly support HQ ACC.
- Provide workgroup manager and webmaster expertise to assist ACC/A326K personnel. Ensure network connectivity to local Network Operations Support Centers and supply the required level of oversight, maintenance, and administrative support to ensure uninterrupted accomplishment of daily operations. Assist with the maintenance of up to two databases on the Air Force Portal and provide technic. In this capacity, primary support includes computer software / hardware updates and system integration into local area network. Serve as the focal point for identifying and reporting all network issues or outages to helpdesk for resolution. Monitor all trouble tickets submitted to the helpdesk, keeping all affected personnel appraised of ticket status via automated means.
- Serve as Primary Information Technology Equipment Custodian (ITEC) Manager. Maintain an automated inventory control over all accountable ITEC items, reporting, maintaining, and disposing items at end of use. Maintain the current inventory in accordance with AFMAN 33-153 Information Technology Asset Management and established local standards and display it as a “dash board” accessible by division leadership. Develop and maintain a “tech refresh” plan and submit it to the government for incorporation into the division budgetary execution plan each year.
- Install, configure, and maintain all ACC/A326K workstations and peripheral equipment in accordance with AFNet Ops and local Communications Squadron directives/guidance. Configurations will generally include the installation of the Standard Desktop Configurations (SDC) or the Federal Desktop Computer Configuration (FDCC).
- Create classified websites on the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) as needed for the division to make classified materials available to those with proper access and a need to know; and provide tools for individual units to author, store, and retrieve “local procedures” and other related information on the websites.
- Maintain the ACC/A326K Intellink and SharePoint websites. Manage content, user permissions, and maintenance to keep both active and available to the division.
- Assist staff personnel in maintenance / upkeep of web-based program and documentation.
- Troubleshoot and repair workstations and peripheral equipment on an as need basis to keep staff on-line to perform daily operations. Troubleshoot application issues, engaging the helpdesk or local Communications Unit, as necessary, to resolve all services required to maintain Common Assess Card (CAC) enabled access on an unclassified WWW server (website).
- Provide assistance to A326K staff on both the NIPR, SIPRNET, and JWICS the issue.
- Ensure computers conform to DoD operating standards. Run the division’s computer security program and ensure the division is prepared for inspections.
- Perform Security Manager functions. Manage the division’s overall security manager program to include, but not limited to: managing JPAS personnel security actions, managing local and TDY visitor requests for all division personnel, manage security investigations for all government personnel (will not conduct investigations for other contracts), manage and conduct classified message incidents (spillages of classified data onto less secure networks, improper use of scanning of classified documents, and coordinate the sanitization and clean-up of affected systems). If the security manager is the same as the CSL, then they can perform both quarantine and sanitization of any affected systems.
- Maintain regular contact with the lead security manager in ACC/A3 and provide updates and situation awareness as needed.
- Manage the SCIF Information System and Security Office (ISSO) program. Attend all required ACC/A2 training in order to be added to an appointment letter.
- ISSO will manage entry control of the SCIF and ensure all personnel have a need to be in the SCIF, have appropriate clearances, and routinely update the Entry Access List on a monthly basis. Also ensure all members abide by the SCIF Rules of Engagement.
- ISSO will coordinate with ACC/A23, DIA, and other organizations as needed to ensure equipment lists are up to date on the XACTO package, manage the media logs for equipment coming in or leaving the SCIF, and ensure all equipment is accounted for and operative at least weekly. For equipment that is inoperative, or requires repair, ISSO will coordinate with division CSL (if they are not the same person) to get repairs or replacements needed and monitor until the situation is resolved.
- ISSO will conduct annual inventory of classified systems in coordination with the Division ITEC (if not the same person).
- ISSO will manage all of the phone systems (Top Secret, Secret, and Unclassified). For new phones, ISSO will draft appropriate documents to the base communications squadron or 27 IS (Top Secret). All Top-Secret phones require a subscription to DIA and ISSO will coordinate with Division Resource Advisor to ensure the annual subscription is paid.
- ISSO will conduct initial and refresher training to the division on appropriate SCIF Rules of Engagement and maintain a vigilant security posture.
- ISSO will manage the Alarm and security system program. When issues arise, the ISSO will contact the appropriate POCs to include alarm company, police department, and division leadership. Should an issue be found and not an intrusion, ISSO will coordinate with the alarm company to repair the system. This includes doorways, GSA locks, the badging system, and door magnets.
- ISSO will perform all duties and responsibilities outlined in the ACC/A2 ISSO training program not covered here.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A Top Secret clearance with SCI.
- Possess an Associates’ degree, at a minimum
- Minimum of 5 years' experience providing engineering and/or technical services required to maintain unclassified and/or classified websites (i.e., AF Portal, SharePoint, Communities of Practice, etc.).
- Possess at least 5 years’ experience with managing SCIF ISSO programs and have all clearances, and knowledge to properly manage a SCIF.
- Possess Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Certification (A+, Security +) and maintain currency throughout the Task Order (TO) Period of Performance IAW DoD 8570.
Come learn how we take care of our team, and why we were ranked Inc. 5000 Magazine’s #140 Fastest Growing Company nationwide – ranking #5 in Maryland and #7 in Government Services! And see how we were ranked a 2021 Top Workplace by the Baltimore Sun!
Clear Ridge Defense is the premier service solutions provider supporting the Service and Joint cyberspace operations and intelligence community in three core areas of expertise:
Cyber Systems & Software Engineering
Cyber Intelligence & Operations Planning
Security Risk Analysis, Mitigation & Training
All delivered by highly talented and focused team members that are supported by an unmatched professional and family-oriented culture that leverages and builds on sound, proven principles.
100% Fully-Covered Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
100% Fully-Covered Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
100% Fully-Covered Life and AD&D Insurance
Unique Flexible PTO
11 Paid Federal Holidays
$500 New Uniform Bonus for Transitioning Military
Monthly Tax-Free Cell Phone Stipend
Monthly Tax-Free Gym Wellness / Streaming Subscription Stipend to include Amazon Prime, Netflix, Audible, etc.
Competitive 401k Matching to plan for retirement
Free financial advising from qualified experts
Annual $5,000 Training Allotment
One-of-a-kind Referral Program: $5,000 per referral OR $250/mo indefinitely, with no limit to number of referrals
Business Development and Client Expansion Bonuses
Monthly Company-Paid Socials and Events
Access to our Company Swag Store
Clear Ridge Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Tuesday, December 6, 2022