Data Center/Cloud Applications Installation Technician
Clear Ridge Defense
- Orlando, FL
Clear Ridge Defense is seeking Secret cleared professionals to serve as Data Center/Cloud Applications Installation Technicians for our client in support of Persistent Cyber Training Environment (PCTE) in Orlando, Florida.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This candidate will support the fielding and installation of training systems for the Department of Defense. Fielding installs include complex hardware, infrastructure software and application software installation. This also includes configuration and testing of data center and cloud environments.
- The technician will be responsible for the installation and verification of custom software applications in both a virtualized and containerized system environment, configuration of physical servers, network equipment and other components of the data center.
- Comprehensive skill sets and complete knowledge of all hardware and software components are not required coming into this position. However, the candidate must be experienced in some of the associated technologies and be capable of learning quickly and demonstrating a proven ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- This position may require up to 20% travel time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as IT, computer science, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- IAT Level II or greater. Security+, CISSP or other equivalent certification required within six months of hire.
- Demonstrated experience in a technically demanding environment with the ability to execute in a hands-on role while remaining on task with installation schedules.
- Able to work with a large team of engineers (with a diverse set of skills at differing levels of experience) setting up complex software and hardware.
- Ability to learn new hardware and software quickly and then applying that knowledge in the field by installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and testing the system.
- Must be very detail oriented and able to follow complicated installation instructions to configure and validate the environments.
- Capable of troubleshooting the system should unexpected results emerge.
- Skilled with Linux system administration and VMware vCenter.
- Familiar with command line tools and scripts for automation, administration, data collection and reporting. This job requires the ability to debug, deploy, and sustain scripts.
- Able to learn how to install and validate custom training software in a complex training environment.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to analyze real world problems and implement solutions according to corporate and government guidelines, procedures, and industry best practices.
- Interact with vendors/users/customers and developers to understand needs and operational requirements. Identify changes that will impact installation and testing activities. Examine any relevant change implementation, then report the changes to management.
- Be sensitive and flexible to the needs and requirements of the customer.
- Ability to work autonomously, and not afraid to take initiative.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Communicate information routinely via tools such as email, Slack, Jira, Confluence, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Report status updates and technical issues on regular basis to leadership.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Must have a Secret clearance and be capable of obtaining a U.S. Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
This is a comprehensive list of skills used within this program. It is not intended to be a list of all required skills needed by the applicant, but a guide of the type of skills that the applicant either already has, or the type of skills that can be learned quickly.
- A basic knowledge of networking (routing, switching, VPN, VLAN).
- Experience with docker images & containers, RedHat OpenShift, and/or Kubernetes (setup and configuration).
- VMware vCenter, ESXi, NSX-T, and virtual machine experience.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Artifactory, Git, GitLab and MinIO.
- F5 Experience is a plus.
- Experience with RedHat Linux and RedHat Services such as IDM, SSO, Satellite.
- Familiarity with STIG/SCAP tools and compliance is a plus.
- Cyber range operations and/or user experience.
Sunday, October 31, 2021