Home Health - Registered Nurse FT Days
Coffeyville Regional Medical Center
- Coffeyville, KS
The Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who care for patients coming into our facility including tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions for all ages of patients from infancy to advanced age. S/he provides care that reflects an integration of knowledge, skills, and experience to meet the needs of patients and families. The RN is accountable for all care provided to assigned patients during the shift, including the care delegated to nursing assistants and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs). Essential to the role is the effective us or psychosocial and physical assessment in order to make decisions regarding the care required and to ensure that the care is provided as a pivotal member of the health care team ensuring that patient/family needs are communicated to others providing care. The Registered Nurse (RN) reports to the Nursing Director and supports the hospital providing specific duties including:
- Implement physicians’ orders, administer medications, start IVs, perform treatments, procedures and special tests, and document treatment as required by company policy and local/state/federal rules and regulations.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' conditions.
- Assess and evaluate patients' needs for, and responses to, care rendered.
- Apply sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provide primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Administer IV and non-IV medications as ordered.
- Collaborate with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for all patients.
- Direct and guide ancillary personnel and maintain standards of professional nursing.
The Registered Nurse (RN) assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Analytical ability to apply criteria and evaluate information to make decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills
- Accurate clinical assessment skills regarding patient medical conditions
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff
- Computer skills including MSOffice, Outlook, Meditech, preferred
- Willingness to cross train and cover other positions and responsibilities as needed
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Ability to stand, walk, talk, hear, sit; reach with arms, hands and fingers to handle and feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste and smell as demonstrated by the Occupational Performance Capacity (OPC) test and/or pre-employment physical administered by CRMC at offer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
- Current Registered Nurse licensure with the State of Kansas, required
- BLS, required
- ACLS certification, preferred
- Bachelor's or master’s degree, preferred
- Acute Care experience, preferred
Wednesday, May 4, 2022