VP of Global Finance
- Gardena, CA
Title: VP of Global Finance
Industry: Manufacturing and Distribution
Location: Gardena, CA
About the Company:
- Global Manufacturer of Consumer and Commercial grade products.
- Approximately $500 million in annual revenues, and growing through a combination of organic growth, new product launches, and strategic acquisitions.
About the Position:
The Company is seeking a Senior Director or Vice President level candidate to be the Head/VP Global Finance. Reporting directly to the CFO, this role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be responsible for managing FP&A processes, contributing to strategies and planning with an emphasis on delivering disciplined growth, and continually enhancing financial reporting and driving business review processes. This individual will be the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support optimal business decision making.
Manage and develop an effective finance function (and team) and make a positive contribution to the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives and to its value creation goals. To be successful, the VP Finance must develop the capabilities that will allow the Finance team to fulfill its responsibilities to the organization, meet stakeholder expectations, and to service its key business partnerships.
- Lead and manage a team of Finance professionals. Maintains a strong team focusing on “professional people development”, accountability, respect and driving for results.
- Drive annual financial budgeting process including the capital planning and budgeting process to ensure they are linked with corporate strategy and overall business goals.
- Deliver efficient finance processes with the objective to create a finance function that has both the capabilities and the flexibility necessary to meet the desired levels of performance analytics.
- Analyze organizational performance, interpret financial information and share results with department heads and executive leadership throughout the organization.
- Drive effective monthly financial forecasting and reporting processes.
- Identify, analyze and monitor issues that affect profitability, growth and productivity.
- Analyze actual results and forecasts to understand business trends, perform segment financial analysis on key business metrics and financial drivers, and function in a leadership capacity over a global team.
- Lead management reviews through the preparation of monthly financial materials outlining the company's performance versus budget, forecast, and prior year.
- Lead key business forecasting and planning cycles, including monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting to drive results.
- Interact with regional, segment and functional teams to ensure Global FP&A alignment with stated objectives and goals, providing analysis and ad hoc reporting.
- Ensure financial material from Segments and Regions have been properly vetted and key issues discussed.
- Analyze and extract insights from highly complex data sets and communicate insights, including developing concise commentary on the financial results for the CFO and CEO.
- Support review and development of presentation materials for meetings with external investors and/or Board of Directors.
- Initiate and lead process improvements within the FP&A and Finance team.
- Prepare special studies or ad hoc analysis as requested by senior management.
- Lead or assist with special projects as designed and defined by the CFO or CEO (e.g. M&A activities, debt refinancing, Corp Dev initiatives).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA and/or CPA highly preferred.
- 12+ years of Finance experience with a minimum of 5+ Years of leadership/management experience.
- Prior experience as financial leader within similar industry for multi-product business with revenue in excess of $400M.
- Manufacturing, Distribution, or Consumer Products industry knowledge and experience is required.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing and team building skills are required.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Experience with SAP or similar ERP systems is preferred.
- Comfortable in transition situations and managing change.
Tuesday, January 21, 2020