- Los Angeles, CA
Privately-held, well-established, creative/entertainment services company located in the San Fernando Valley. One of the major names in their industry, the company is stable and growing organically and through strategic acquisitions.
Reporting directly to the COO, this is an operations-focused Finance role, serving as a strategic business partner to the executive team and divisional leaders of the organization. The role will focus on FP&A, profitability analysis, decision support analytics, and long-term planning, while overseeing/reviewing processes and financial statements (much of the accounting is outsourced).
Who You Are:
You’re a seasoned financial leader who’s looking for an opportunity to build and grow with a dynamic company. You possess strong leadership skills and an ability to see “the big picture” and you understand what it takes to be successful in an entrepreneurial organization. You are comfortable leading teams and presenting to executive management, and you are equally comfortable “rolling up your sleeves” and building a decision support model or reviewing invoices and contracts.
In this role, you’ll be a trusted advisor to the COO, CEO, divisional leaders, and executive management. You’ll play a dual role that consists of a) managing specific, existing operational and financial functions, and b) performing analytics and serving as a Business Partner to leadership throughout the organization, partnering in defining the business model to support continued growth and diversification. You’ll play a critical role in the creation, execution and support of the company’s strategy, and you’ll provide broad operational oversight and trusted advice, both from a strategic and tactical perspective. You’ll be expected to anticipate issues and have an impact on management decisions.
- Develop performance and monitoring systems for sales and divisional goals
- Report monthly and annual financial results, budgets, and goals to the management teams
- Participate in analysis and key decisions with the executive management team
- Establish sales goals and expense budgets based on industry and financial trends, and input from the GM and sales teams
- Develop and maintain sales and operational bonus / commission program
- Provide financial analyses for capital investments, job bid pricing and contract negotiations
- Analyze and report on outsourced services pricing and margins
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and business plans
- Help develop financial strategies and implement operational best practices
- Analyze, recommend, and negotiate acquisitions and strategic partnerships
- Monitor cash balances, manage banking expenses and maintain banking relationships
- General Management of the Accounting, Credit, Purchasing, Billing, Human Resources and Business Affairs depts.
- Manage purchase requests and capital expenditures, and track to budgets for company divisions
- Oversee employee benefit programs and annual renewals
- Participate in annual business insurance renewal meeting with brokers
- Serve on the 401K Committee
- Comply with local, state and federal government laws, monitor legal issues
- Oversee and ensure the accuracy of the following processes: billing, accounts payable, purchasing, accounts receivable and payroll
- Assist in hiring financial analysts or additional recommended staff
- 12+ years of Finance experience
- Prior financial management experience for a major company or division, ideally in entertainment or other creative services organizations (post production, media advertising, etc.)
- Experience in partnering with an executive management team
- Robust skills in Accounting, Financial Planning, and Decision Support financial modeling
- Experience in financial planning, ROI analysis, and tracking of capital projects
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- A CPA (active or inactive status) or MBA is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
Thursday, August 8, 2019