Chief Accounting Officer - Public Company
- Los Angeles, CA
Chief Accounting Officer We are seeking an experienced individual for the position of Chief Accounting Officer. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for oversight of the company’s finance team and operations.
As the Chief Accounting Officer, you will be responsible for oversight of the company’s accounting, reporting and controls. Reporting to the CFO - and working closely with the broader Finance & Admin Team (including FP&A, IR, and IT) - you will be responsible for driving forward an exciting and critical part of our business.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a strategic financial business partner to the CEO, CFO and Executive Management team, including regular financial reviews.
- Assist with company finances including tax, revenue, cash flow, expenses, reports and ongoing financial reporting.
- Responsible for leading the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the financial results in accordance with the U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Assist the CFO and Head of IR in preparation for filings, earning releases, and annual calls.
- Work with our compliance team to ensure our control environment is operating effectively, including standards similar to SOX 404 preparation and testing.
- Review the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package as provided by the accounting team, including income statement and balance sheet analyses, and various management reports.
- Work with the Controller and CFO to provide accounting guidance for newly issued accounting rules and determine implications resulting from contemplated or executed transactions and contracts.
- Be a strong partner to the CFO in communication to the Board of Directors and Audit Committee, including keeping them updated on accounting and financial reporting issues.
- Support the FP&A Team as it relates to annual and monthly budgets, forecasting, and other related management analyses.
- Be a stellar recruiter and nurturer of accounting of all accounting personnel and functions.
- Act as a liaison to outside auditors, tax advisors and outside counsel, as necessary
Who You Are
- 15+years of relevant accounting experience, including some combination of public accounting and corporate experience.
- 3+ public company experience as Controller or Chief Accounting Officer of a listed company (manufacturing preferred but not required).
- CPA required. Experience working at a Big Four audit firm is preferred.
- Strong technical skills and experience of US GAAP, SEC reporting and SOX controls required.
- Current and / or prior experience in leadership roles in a rapidly growing company is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including a management style that effectively leads professional subordinates – delegating responsibility, but not accountability.
- Experience developing and testing of internal controls for compliance
Monday, June 14, 2021
$225,000 - $250,000 + Equity