VP Finance and Accounting
- Los Angeles, CA
Our client is a privately held, growing, financially stable Investment Management firm with three Investment Funds. The largest, and fastest growing fund is invested in industrial real estate assets.
Reporting to the President, this individual will manage the Fund Accounting teams and also provide investment support, perform valuation analyses, and perform investor relation duties. Overall, this is a diversified role for a CPA who want to do more than just accounting.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining the Accounting system (Yardi).
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Big 4 or national CPA firm Audit experience, combined with Fund Accounting or Corporate level Accounting in a REIT of a Real Estate focused Fund or Investment Management Firm
- 10+ total years of professional experience
- 3+ years of management/leadership experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness and desire to be involved in projects and initiatives that may not be in the initial list of duties and responsibilities
Thursday, May 9, 2019