Financial Reporting Manager
- Culver City, CA
The Manager, Financial Reporting is responsible for the organization, development, and administration of financial reporting, accounting systems, internal controls, and procedures that conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Ensures that reports, filings, and other documentation complies with the company’s regulations, professional standards, and GAAP reporting guidelines; provides year-end audit support and assists the Corporate Controller with other general accounting, tax, and special projects. The Financial Reporting Manager will have contact with all levels of management, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
The ideal candidate should have a CPA, seven years of progressive accounting experience with at least three years in a supervisory role, be well organized, multi-task oriented, follow and apply corporate policy, and have excellent computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements that comply with GAAP while capturing appropriate add-backs for Adjusted EBITDA. Investigate irregularities and report on variances to budget.
- Manage monthly and year-end closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Assist in the pre-transition due diligence and post-transaction integration of acquired companies, including purchase accounting and valuations.
- Manage all bank reconciliations.
- Calculate significant management estimates, including bad debt and accruals, review inventory reserves for reasonableness.
- Ensure proper recording of Fixed Assets, payroll expenses, intercompany transactions, and eliminations.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and internal controls.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Research and resolve accounting, including evaluating and implementing new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Perform annual and semi-annual performance reviews and team evaluations.
- Assist Corporate Controller in various tax and business filings and tax work papers, including, but not limited to, property tax, sales tax, tax work papers for federal and state income tax returns, and local business licenses.
- Interact with external auditors in completing audits and with the company’s tax services provider to complete annual tax return preparation.
- Support Corporate Controller with special projects.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Active CPA license.
- Thorough understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and accounting skills. Can think outside the box.
- Manufacturing/Distribution or e-commerce industry experience.
- 5+ years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- 3+ years prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines while possessing a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships, function as a team player, and thrive in a changing environment.
- Establish working rapport with business partners across the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex financial issues in simple, understandable terms.
- Ability to manage large sets of data.
- Must have experience in Public Accounting.
- Prior private equity or public company experience required.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
$150,000.00 + 20% bonus