Family Office CFO
- Westlake Village, CA
Reporting to the CEO, this is a hands-on role and an excellent opportunity to join a single family office located in Thousand Oaks, CA.
This unique role requires a skilled leader. Selected candidate must have a friendly and professional demeanor, Finance, Investments, and Tax Planning experience, and be able to assist in investment decision analytics, while also being able to oversee day to day finance, accounting, and tax processes (planning and compliance).
This is an ideal position for a CFO or VP Finance with current or prior experience in a Family Office or a privately held Investment company.
Responsibilities of the Family Office CFO:
- Serve as a true Business Partner to the Family Office CEO.
- Accurate and timely reporting of the books and records for family investments, purchases and operating expenses.
- Preparation of investment performance reports, net worth reports, budgeting, investment and expense analysis.
- Analyze and make recommendations on corporate structuring activities, including formation and contribution of legal entities.
- Manage the interactions with banks, fund managers, tax advisors, attorneys, and other outside consultants.
- Implement and maintain financial controls.
- Assist with administration of family partnerships and trusts.
- Perform tax planning, prepare tax spreadsheets/models, manage the tax return preparation process by outside tax firm (and review returns).
- Research and manage investment opportunities (real estate, private equity, business acquisitions/investments, etc.).
- Liaise with CPAs, Tax Attorneys, and Trust Attorneys.
- Assist with various planning functions including cash flow management, estate and gift planning, cash flow management, and insurance planning.
- Involved with a variety of human capital functions including compensation, benefits, policies, and procedures, and determining staffing needs.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of systems, processes, and personnel.
- Other special projects as needed.
Desired Experience & Credentials:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- CPA, MBA, OR JD
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience, with experience supporting or working for single or multi-family offices, investment firms, or similar
- Prior experience in tax and accounting, business management, and/or public accounting experience with a high net worth or wealth management focus is a plus
- Experience with tax planning and preparation is a plus
- Experience accounting for and modeling out various investments
- Familiarity with sophisticated investment vehicles, legal contracts, personnel issues, staff recruiting and management, and estate management
- Experience with other general accounting, cash management, financial planning, and investment reporting functions
- Excellent communication and computer/systems skills
- Highest level of honesty and integrity
Thursday, September 23, 2021
250000 to 300000+