HR Director - Rancho Dominguez, CA
Our client is seeking a collaborative and experienced HR Director to develop and execute the Talent and People Operations strategy in support of overall business objectives. This individual will be a Strategic Advisor and will partner closely with business leaders to deliver on HR initiatives and services. This role will be responsible for all People Operations including talent acquisition, employee development, performance management, employee relations, compliance, compensation, and benefits.
Role and Responsibilities
· Serve as a strategic and operational partner to the executive leadership team and other senior managers in determining Talent and People Operations needs to align with key business objectives.
· Own all people operations processes including talent acquisition, performance management, compensation, benefits administration, payroll, legal and regulatory compliance.
· Be a champion of our culture, helping the team understand and live our core values through effective programs that promote morale, engagement, and retention.
· Maintain a deep understanding of the business and culture to better serve as a strategic partner to our leadership and employees.
· Develop, implement, and maintain performance management processes to drive a culture of high-performance and continuous development.
· Manage Talent Acquisition processes, including defining and implementing strategies to attract, hire, and retain top talent across the company with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team.
· Partner with our leadership team to resolve employee relations issues, provide coaching and counseling to management and employees as appropriate.
· Ensure our people operations programs, processes, and systems are scalable, align with business goals and manage risk appropriately.
· Own the evaluation and maintenance of HR systems related but not limited to performance management, learning & development, recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, payroll, benefits & perks.
· Manage departmental budget to plan, communicating major deviations and impacts to senior management.
· Develop and prepare data and reporting metrics related to workforce planning, headcount, employee engagement, compensation, and compliance.
· Manage relationships with outside vendors including our PEO, recruiting partners, etc.
- Collaborate with and support a key team of internal and external finance and legal advisors to assist with the IPO.
· Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field
· HR Certification strongly preferred
· 7-10 years of strategic HR Generalist experience in a growing startup environment with proven success in Talent Acquisition through the full employee life cycle
· Knowledge of federal and state employment law, regulations, and compliance.
· Strong business acumen, analytical and strategic problem solver
· Hands-on leader with the capability of linking strategy to day-to-day priorities
· Self-starting and tenacious with the ability to perform under pressure
· Creative, insightful, collaborative, self-motivated, with great integrity and a sense of humor.
· Demonstrated track record of success in building organizations.
· Ability to inspire trust and confidence at all levels
· Ability to analyze complex situations, identify key issues, and solve problems.
· High energy, non-bureaucratic team player adaptable to new situations.
· An honest and genuine individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Able to work effectively in a rapidly scaling company that is nimble and responsive to change.
· Outstanding integrity and ethical conduct.