Human Resources Manager
- Costa Mesa, CA
Client Location / Industry - Manufacturing and Distribution
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Assists in development and implementation of, and adherence to, human resource policies.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements onboarding & new hire orientation including educating newly-hired employees on HR policies, internal procedures and other employment regulations.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations. Guides management in taking appropriate disciplinary action against employees who violate rules and regulations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Manages employee leaves of absence. Administers compensation and benefit plans and changes.
- Creates and maintains physical and digital files for employees and all employment-related documents, including benefits, wage information, and employee relations records.
- Organizes employee performance review process. Guides management in evaluating employee performance accordingly.
- Addresses employee complaints and grievances. Gathers and analyzes turnover data. Prepares reports as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with employment law regulations.
- Collaborates with outside vendors and management as necessary.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Able to work accurately under pressure to meet competing deadlines, including prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong ability to empathize with others
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills. Resourceful thinking.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Analytical ability with attention to detail.
- Leadership ability and coaching skills.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field preferred.
- Human Resources certification strongly preferred (e.g. PHR, SHRM-CP).
- Strong knowledge of Federal and California employment laws.
- Strong understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- At least five years of progressive experience providing human resources support to a manufacturing/plant organization.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software.
Monday, August 2, 2021