Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· In charge of reviewing all month/quarter/year-end close activities (financials, balance sheet reconciliations, GL maintenance)
· Manage all aspects of accounting for several entities within the organization
· Prepare financial statements of multiple legal entities. Review, analyze and present monthly financial statements, including actual vs. budget variance analysis and key performance indicators
· Handle both external audit activities with Big 4 audit firm.
· Have constant process improvement and software efficiency improvement top of mind. Lead implementation of new processes, various projects, and systems as appropriate
· Maintain process documentation, and cross training information, and encourage team to focus on process improvement
· Mentor and develop a team of 10+, including goal setting, and performance reviews
· Special project reporting internally and externally as needed.
· Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Public Company experience preferred.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly and to work independently with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment, well organized, detail oriented and able to be self-motivated and take initiative
· Ability to effectively manage competing priorities or projects
· Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong leadership skills and ability to prioritize and delegate effectively
· Excellent MS Excel and software skills
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business Administration, specializing in accounting.
· Minimum of 15 years of professional Accounting/Finance and leadership experience, both public accounting and private industry experience, specifically with mid-sized to large companies
· CPA required