The Consortium, Inc.
- Rockville, MD
Working independently, the Lead Developer in Test owns the quality of software products delivered within the software development life cycle (SDLC) as well as leads and mentors a team (4-6 approximately) of other Developers in Test. Reports directly to a Director or Senior Director.
Responsibilities include developing automation solutions and strategies while also, at times, contributing to developing software testing components needed throughout the SDLC.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Coordinate and effectively drive Release Readiness Validation efforts.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to a team of Developers in Test.
- Responsible for identifying project risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Create and execute complex test strategies across multiple systems, as required, to execute tests.
- Review and provide feedback on system architecture, code, and design documents.
- Perform Independent Assurance on all Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases in a project.
- Own the automation architecture (both functional and performance) and sets up test frameworks/infrastructure.
- Architect, Design and Develop automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools to test complex systems.
- Continually look for ways to innovate and improve the testing process to gain efficiencies.
- Possess and Demonstrate domain expertise in the project involved and serves as a overall technical subject matter expert across the entire team’s portfolio.
- Ensure compliance with technology policies and standards.
- Ensure compliance with all security controls.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of cumulative experience in software development and/or test automation development.
- Excellent and Demonstrated understanding in Computer Science fundamentals - Algorithm Design, Problem Solving, Complexity Analysis and Data Structures.
- Excellent understanding of testing process, test types, test design and testing methodologies.
- Excellent and Proven experience with modern programming languages and common development technologies with software architecture and design skills.
- Experience with Data Ingestion, Transformation or Analytics or Decision-Making skills.
- Experience with functional or Performance or Security or DevOps test tools.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting, designing, and developing automation frameworks and test suites.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cloud related technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Unix/Linux environment.
- Solid understanding and experience with object-oriented design.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with continuous automation delivery tools such as Jenkins (preferred) or TeamCity.
- Strong understating of source code versioning control systems such as git (preferred), CVS, SVN, Mercurial, and related tools such as Bitbucket (preferred), GitHub, or Azure DevOps (TFS).
- Strong understanding of defect tracking tools such as Jira (preferred), or BugZilla.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships that improve the quality of work products.
- Demonstrated organization skills that are thorough and possess the ability to handle competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and possess strong mentoring skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of JAVA programming language is preferred or, given comparable programming language knowledge, a strong willingness to transition to JAVA.
- Experience with AWS is preferred or a strong willingness to gain certification.
- Demonstrated Service/API level testing is preferred over UI automation testing skills.
- Excellent understanding of n-Tier application architecture (e.g. Angular, REST, JAVA-EE, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with the development of, or extension of, test automation frameworks.
- Testing tools, frameworks, and libraries. (e.g.: Selenium Web Driver, Protractor, Gatling, JMeter, Jasmine & Karma, REST Assured, JUnit, Scala test, etc.)
- Application Security (e.g.: threat modeling, static code analysis, penetration testing, etc.)
- Security Tools (e.g.: ZAP, AppScan, Burp suite, etc.)
- Build, deployment, and monitoring tools. (e.g.: Maven, Jenkins, AWS code deploys, Splunk, Black Duck, CloudPassage, etc.)
- Data ingestion, transformation, analytics, decision-making skills, etc.
- ETL and Big data tools. (e.g.: Scala, Apache-Spark, etc.) are a plus
- Machine Learning, data science tools, frameworks, and libraries (e.g.: Data Bricks, Jupyter, TensorFlow, Sci-kit-learn, etc.) are a plus
- DevOps, application engineering (e.g.: Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, etc.) • DevOps, application engineering (e.g.: Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, etc.) are a plus
- Work is normally performed in an office environment with provisions for remote staffing opportunities.
Occasional travel and extended hours may be required
Thursday, July 15, 2021