Salesforce / Salesforce API
Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Lightning Web Components
The Senior Software Engineer- Salesforce.com Developer is responsible for the design, configuration and development of the College Board’s Saleforce.com Sales and Service Clouds and other CRM related applications/tools within the College Board's Corporate Systems Technology organization. The successful candidate will be a seasoned Salesforce.com software engineer with knowledge and experience in designing, building, testing, and documenting complex, highly scalable, and dependable capabilities and integrations on the Salesforce.com platform.
The candidate will interact closely with project teams, scrum masters, other software engineers, business analysts, and test engineers to shape, identify, prioritize, and realize capability requirements in the delivery of business solutions.
Successful candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of Salesforce.com development tools, technologies, practices, and standards; proven ability to integrate large scale systems or third-party products; and a track record of delivering high-quality, solutions in a timely and effective manner.
- Builds, tests, deploys, and maintains production Salesforces.com capabilities using Aura, Lightning Web Components, Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce API, Process Builder, and other Salesforce technologies.
- Provides maintenance and enhancements for Salesforce B2B commerce sites.
- Follows established coding standards and other group procedures, both individually and at a team level. Must ensure proper code reviews are held for the assigned work.
- Contributes to the engineering team’s culture of high code quality. Accountable for the quality of code that is delivered to QA and production and must ensure that appropriate code reviews and unit testing are adequately performed.
- Ensures that continuous integration is performed on the application source code and constantly seeks to enhance the continuous integration methods of the development team to ensure extremely high quality of code.
- Works closely with project and business team to thoroughly understand the system requirements and ensure they are properly implemented. Also, must seek ways to meet the underlying business requirements with low-cost, yet highly re-usable patterns and actively escalate requirements that may cause unnecessary risk or cost.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure components Expert-level Object Oriented knowledge, with demonstrated complex implementations a must, e.g., custom API’s, optimization techniques, and design patterns.
- Ensure that application code adheres to enterprise and industry standards and best practices, including performance and security standards.
- Gather feedback from design and technical staff on application development needs and patterns. Must be able to work with Enterprise Architecture group to propose and solicit approval of new architectural patterns including documentation and presentation of the architectural approach, benefits/limitations, and other considerations (e.g., re-usability, security, performance, maintainability, etc.).
- Responsible for support of and coordinating with other Engineers, Architects and teams including other technology teams such as a User Experience team or an infrastructure team.
- Assists scrum master in project planning and estimating of project score items. Reports hours daily to administration for billing purposes.
- Provide Tier 2 application support and support projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 8 years of directly related work experience in a professional position in software development or a related field.
- At least 7 years development experience, Salesforce.com
- Expert-level understanding of the Salesforce.com programming language, related optimization techniques, and design patterns including Lightning Web components.
- Preferred Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Experience using with Gearset.
- Preferred experience with AWS Services like Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, RDS &
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: CloudFormation, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible a plus
- Experience or knowledge in deployment of cloud-based applications using AWS strongly preferred.
- Test-driven development and continuous integration experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working in an iterative DevOps environment (familiarity with Agile/Scrum required)
- Experience in adhering to software development guidelines and in performing code and design reviews.
- Effective communication skills are a must along with a strong customer orientation, and the ability to clearly discern client needs.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style.
- Knowledge of K-12 or Higher Education related software applications is a plus.