The Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring large projects undertaken by OATS are planned, implemented and managed to meet all deliverables and the organization’s overall strategic goals.
* Planning, delivery, and management of a range of tasks and deliverables required to successfully launch and run a collaborative project focused on harnessing technology and partnerships to power financial security for older adults.
* Use existing project management systems while also coming up with innovative methods for bettering the team’s organization and structure.
* Identify cross-functional dependencies and coordinate the completion of project deliverables across all phases of the project.
* Plan and manage project resources, identify gaps, and spearhead procurement efforts when necessary.
* Prepare and manage budget documents.
* Continually monitor project status and present updates to stakeholders and organization leadership.
* Escalate project issues in a timely fashion while working to identify alternatives and impacts.
* Serve as a change management agent, supporting the adoption of new tools and processes, and strengthening partnerships across the organization.
* 5+ years managing projects or programs or coordinating business services/operations.
* Demonstrated experience in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes.
* Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes.
* Interpersonal communication skills especially the ability to communicate complex ideas and issues in a simple and straightforward manner.
* Knowledge and utilization of project management discipline and best practices.
* Experience working in nonprofit business services/operations a plus.
* Strong writing and presentation skills.
* Strong meeting facilitation skills.
* Interest in working within nonprofit focused on older adults and social change.
* Position operates in a typical office environment working on a computer at a desk throughout the day.
NOTE: The individual will need to come into the office Tuesday - Thursday. The physical address is: Stella B. Werner Council Office Building 100 Maryland Avenue Rockville, MD 20850