Sr Full Stack AWS Engineer
The Consortium, Inc.
- Reston, VA
- Automated API integration testing
- Automated E2E browser testing
- AWS Dynamo
- AWS Lambda
- AWS S3
- AWS - SNS/SQS
- Data Reporting
- logi analytics
- React js
Team: Team focus on data
Profile: Senior level software engineer with strong Node and DynamoDB with experience development applications with lots of SQL and Logi Analytics skills.
AWS - DynamoDB
AWS - Lambda
AWS - S3
AWS - SNS/SQS
Node.js Development *(not NPM)
Automated E2E browser testing
Automated API integration testing
Looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with 5-7 years of experience developing backend APIs / microservices with NodeJS, as well as front-end applications with ReactJS. In this position you will:
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, as well as other teams within the Technology organization at the CB, to develop high-quality, customer-driven data reporting solutions for students and educational institutions.
- Design and develop highly scalable microservices for event-driven data pipelines and external / internal facing APIs
- Implement single-page apps (SPAs) and server-rendered apps using the state-of-art web UI technologies and best practices for ReactJS, HTML, and CSS.
- Implement the clean delivery of services and components to the AWS Cloud using best practices such as creating CI / CD pipelines for continuously testing code end-to-end and delivering automatically to multiple deployment environments.
- Automate the specification and provisioning of AWS resources used by microservices and APIs - e.g. SQS queues, DynamoDB databases, etc. – by using infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation and / or CDK.
- Ensure that only high-quality code is shipped to production by participating in design sessions, engaging actively in code reviews, and by continuously writing and automating tests.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or MIS.
- 5-7 years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with backend development for high traffic web applications.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience developing backend and data focused APIs and microservices with NodeJS.
- 2+ years demonstrated experience developing data reporting and visualization front-end apps with ReactJS.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with AWS serverless and managed technologies: Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, and DynamoDB.
- 1+ years hands-on experience configuring CI/CD pipelines for microservices with toolsets such as AWS CodePipeline (preferred), Jenkins, GitLab / GitHub Actions, etc.
- 1+ years hands-on experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit) and CloudFormation to deploy applications to AWS.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills to handle concurrent projects and assignments in a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated experience using Agile Scrum methods to effectively function as an independent contributor and as a team collaborator, by supporting the team in any area necessary.
- Working knowledge of AWS Serverless architecture and distributed architectural design patterns.
- Openness to experiment and adopt new programming languages and technologies / tools as team and business needs evolve.
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and shell scripting experience in a cloud-based environment (AWS EC2)
- Experience with Java web programming frameworks, e.g. Spring, Micronaut, Quarkus.
- Experience with Ansible in production environments.
- Expertise with managed AWS database solutions: relational databases (RDS/Aurora), data warehousing (Redshift), or NoSQL databases (DocumentDB, Elasticache)
- Familiarity with monitoring and observability tool suites like AWS CloudWatch/X-Ray or SumoLogic.
- Working experience with containers and container orchestration tools in AWS, e.g. ECS, ECR, EKS.
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Combining Talent with Technology"
Thursday, January 12, 2023