Data Science Engineer - AWS, EKS, Lambda, EBS, EC2, S3, Fargate, IAM
The Consortium, Inc.
- Rockville, MD
Our client is looking for a Data Science Platform Engineer with developer mindset and AWS (Amazon Web Services) experience.
- The Platform Engineer will provide system analysis expertise for assigned product(s) in order to ensure that the product meets the needs of the business communities we serve, including Market Regulation, Member Supervision and Enforcement.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for one or more systems.
- Recommends and leads implementation of enhancements and updates to the platforms in consultation with our stakeholders
- Champion the collaborative resolution of system related issues/defects. Work across the organization to develop solutions that meet business requirements.
- Facilitate the flow of information between stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of needs and deliverables.
- Facilitate the solution selection/decision making process and provide the necessary information to enable the business unit to make an informed decision.
- Support end-user feedback activities, such as, user acceptance testing and demonstration.
Senior Data Science Platform Engineer
5-7 years of experience
- Strong experience in AWS services – EKS, Lambda, EBS, EC2, S3, Fargate, IAM, Network and Security
- Strong background in Linux/Unix environments
- Strong background with SQL and Spark
- Solid experience with Python and Java
- Solid experience in Ansible, Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with automated build/deploy tools - Jenkins
- Familiar with Data science lifecycle stages
- Familiar with API and Front-end development for web applications (J2EE, AngularJS, etc.) and Web servers (Apache httpd, Tomcat, Nginx)
- Demonstrated ability to implement a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services
- Prior developer experience/personal projects are highly desired.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging mindset. Be able to provide immediate workarounds and long-term fix.
- Continually look for ways to innovate and improve testing process to gain efficiencies.
- Effectively communicate with users and project stakeholders in oral and written formats.
- Be able to work independently and a self-learner.
- AWS and ML certifications are plus
- Other nice to have’s are experience working with Machine Learning projects (e.g., Tensorflow, Pytorch, scikit-learn, etc.) and experience managing enterprise data science platforms (using either open source and/or vendor COTS products such MLFlow, Dataiku, etc.)
Minimum Bachelors in Computer Science or Equivalent
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to email@example.com
"Combining Talent with Technology"
Monday, October 17, 2022