Azure Network Architect
The Consortium, Inc.
- Chevy Chase, MD
We have an exciting opportunity for Azure Network Architects with development experience that can build and deliver critical network solutions to support large-scale, high-availability enterprise applications in Azure for the whole organization.
As a Network Architect, you will be a senior member on the team that will develop simple solutions to complex problems, driving our engineering and automation for Azure networking resources such as VNet/Subnet/NSG/Azure Firewall. In this role you will be expected to research, propose and prototype new principles, technologies and concepts, and integrate them using common DevOps practices.
The successful candidate will also provide leadership across networking related tasks including strategic decisions around Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, security, and Release Management. The candidate should also have proven experience with managing Infrastructure as a Code implementation using tools like Terraform, ARM, Bicep.
The successful candidate will perform development activities for all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle from ideation through execution, and ongoing management and support, with specific attention to identifying opportunities for proactive and reactive automation solutions across our organizations. The candidate will develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize, optimize, and automate designs, tooling, and operations to reduce implementation cycle times, eliminate service downtime, optimize performance, and ensure that all security and compliance requirements are fully governed.
- Full stack design and development experience within the Azure ecosystem including building platforms and frameworks to create consistent, verifiable, and automatic management of applications and infrastructure between non-production and production environments.
- Overall IT knowledge with more in-depth knowledge of Networking, cloud technology (Azure specifically) such as topologies, protocols, components and principles
- At least 7 years of experience in a DevOps oriented team utilizing the AGILE framework with SCRUM methodology.
- Proven track record of driving transformation in cloud technologies, tools, and processes through a data-driven continuous improvement methodology
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (DNS/DHCP/Firewalls/Sub-netting, etc.)
- Transforming, integrating, and automating network infrastructure to tightly integrate with SDN(Software Defined Networking).
- Develop and write powershell scripts in powershell version 4.0+.
- Develop and write C# code using .NET Core 5+ to support the automation for network related changes/deployment.
- Proven experience performing root cause analysis of security events and incidents
- 24/7 Level 3 On-call support on a rotational basis
- Play a key role in the adoption of Azure / Cloud offerings in the enterprise, specifically providing guidance/recommendations for network specific requirements
- Ensure alignment with our Cloud DevOps model based on 100% automation and adoption of repeatable patterns that can be leveraged across the organization.
- Promote the use of Azure/Cloud standardization, shared infrastructure and shared services to reduce costs and improve information flows.
- 7+ years in designing, supporting/troubleshooting and deploying network configurations
- Knowledge of networking components and concepts including subnets, DMZs, routers, switches, and firewalls
- Demonstrable understanding of Web Services (WSDL, SOAP & REST), XML and JSON document schemas, HTTP protocol, JMS and underlying networking concepts
- A self-starter demonstrating an ability to transition in technology, lead and guide architecture, and thoughtfully solve problems
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and practical application to virtualized Infrastructure (Logical compute, storage and network)
- Expert understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Excellent ability to multitask by balancing multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products and synthesizing into clear technology roadmaps and strategies
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to overcome barriers while driving change.
Tuesday, February 1, 2022