AWS DevOps Engineer
The Consortium, Inc.
- Baltimore, MD
The AWS DevOps Engineer will play an essential part in growing and evolving the company. This position will work with the Infrastructure and Engineering teams, and will not only be responsible for helping to build on the current infrastructure, but will also help lay the foundation for creating processes that will help speed up product testing and deployment going forward.
The DevOps Engineer has a critical role in integrating the project functions and resources across the product life cycle, from planning, building, testing, and deployment to support.
The DevOps Engineer is expected to be familiar with all the technical aspects of integrated operations. They are expected to be knowledgeable of the various automation tools which may be required for process automation and testing.
This role will report directly to the Direct of IT.
Role and Responsibilities
The current Infrastructure and Engineering teams have been in the process of transitioning the company’s products from on-premise instances to hosting in AWS. The DevOps Engineer will help build upon this and help create CI/CD pipelines to increase the speed of product testing & deployment. Candidates should expect the following:
- Maintain and administer the existing AWS environment
- Provide expertise on best practices for creating and maintaining multi-environment AWS infrastructure
- Improve understanding of AWS service and product offerings, capabilities and pros/cons
- Lead efforts in implementing and maintaining consolidated System Monitoring solutions
- Support initiatives for security and compliance
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Design and implement development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Encourage and implement automated processes wherever possible
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Partner with QA to test application resiliency and gauge readiness for software releases
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Design and implement monitoring and reporting
- Work with multiple departments during the release process
- Work with project management to assist the team in breaking larger projects into smaller tasks with good estimates
- 2 or more years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, specifically using AWS
- Experience working in a secure environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar technical discipline
- Solid understanding of automation and implementing automation processes
- Working knowledge of implementing and maintaining Windows Server/IIS/.NET technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems to diagnose the root cause and help with a solution for the underlying issue.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience deploying C# .NET code to AWS
- Working knowledge of traditional client/server architecture
- Ability to work independently with little assistance
- Ability to be collaborative and work with teammates to implement comprehensive tooling to create and maintain dev/product/local environments.
- Experience with relational database technologies - SQL Server or MySQL
- Familiarity with programming languages such as React and C#
- Be nice
Thursday, June 17, 2021