Sr Service Now Engineer
The Consortium, Inc.
- Reston, VA
Local candidates only
- Business Strategy Consulting
- Cloud Services
- design, development, support, and lifecycle of ServiceNow applications
- Service Now
Position: Senior ServiceNow Engineer
Mode: Direct Hire (local candidates, please)
Profile: Team seeks a "consultative SME" with stellar communication skills to own this product in every aspect, specifically, strategic use of it along with knowing the tech part.
Team: Tech - Workforce, Infrastructure & Information. This team manages all the corporate infrastructure and systems. This role is focusing on the Service Now product. Team of 6 and seeking a senior candidate that can drive projects and mentor. Looking for someone with solid Service Now experience in administration or development. We seek someone not just "with experience" but with a "ownership" of this tool...similar role as this...not just "part of the role".
The Senior Service Now Engineer will leverage knowledge and experience in ServiceNow practices, automation, and digital workflow design to assist us in implementing and leveraging a growing set of services and features to run mission-critical applications.
The successful candidate will have an interest and background in cloud technologies. This person will act as lead for our ServiceNow deployment, working to deploy workflows and solutions that empower the staff to work more efficiently and effectively. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and communicative team player to work on a fast-paced team that is building services using cloud technologies following Agile best practices.
What you’ll do
- o Ownership for ServiceNow as a workforce product including upgrades, license management, role and permission management, and application support for production and lower environments
- o Analyze business requirements and align with ServiceNow capabilities to deliver an improved user experience
- o Maintain a thorough understanding of existing and emerging ServiceNow features to drive improvements to workforce productivity and reduce operational costs
- o Responsibilities for the design, development, support, and lifecycle of ServiceNow applications
- o Architect and document designs using best practices with a focus on security
- o Identifies problems that affect departmental effectiveness or flow of work to other areas
- o Solicits perspectives and ideas from others to resolve problems
- o As appropriate, recommend changes in work functions, systems or procedures; proposes and helps implement improvement experiments using modern engineering design methods
- o Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Identifies corrective actions
- o Effectively communicates specialized information about programs, operations or services to varied audiences; fosters a high trust culture
- o Makes formal presentations
- o Conceptualizes and writes varied materials informing constituents of various products and services
- o Reads, digests and summarizes large quantities of complex data
- o Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects
- o Represent the team
- o Establishes networks across work streams enabling work to progress forward
- o Shares job knowledge and provides solutions
- o Makes meaningful contributions to projects and engineering initiatives
- o Takes initiative, anticipates and provides insight into project roadmaps in support of both individual and group goals
- o Seeks direct feedback from customers to determine program, product or service effectiveness
- o Recommends new ways to promote programs, products and services in response to customer suggestions
- o Participates in setting and meeting customer service standards and priorities
- o Effectively delegates tasks to others and is accountable for quality of results
- o Establishes clear expectations regarding work assignments and communicates constructive feedback on a regular basis
- o Provides constructive guidance and coaching to other staff within the work unit, as appropriate
- o Contributes to the development of program or project planning and budgeting
- o Delegates work to appropriate staff, establishes priorities and monitors status, preparing regular progress reports
- o Brokers resolutions to problems in meeting deadlines and with conflicting priorities
- o Knowledgeable in all areas within functional scope of responsibilities
- o Applies education, training and experience in a particular occupation to perform professional responsibilities independently
- o Uses in-depth knowledge of College Board programs, products or services to meet constituent needs effectively. (we can cut this out of the job description)
- o Prepares analysis of cost, available material and staff resources and anticipated revenues
- o Employ reviews to reduce cycle time and maintain quality
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
- • 5-8 years of experience in ServiceNow development or administration.
- • Experience in monitoring. Be proactive to identify problems before they happen.
- • Excellent written and verbal communication, able to collaborate and rally support
More about you
- • Experience building complex workflows with a focus on reusability
- • Experience with maintaining a production ServiceNow deployment with an eye towards automation and self-service
- • Experience as a Team Lead in the ServiceNow space is preferred
- • Experience with integrating ServiceNow with other applications including O365, SailPoint, and Workday
- • Experience using ServiceNow
- • Experience working in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- • ServiceNow Certified Application Developer/Administrator certification a plus
- • Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues
- • Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking and testing skills
- • Self-starter with the ability to set priorities, work independently, and attain goals
- • Ethos of continuous improvement and interest in learning new things
- • Strong ability to understand and internalize the big picture and broader implications
Monday, June 7, 2021