Senior Azure / Windows Engineer
The Consortium, Inc.
- Herndon, VA
Senior Windows Engineer
About the Role:
Join a dynamic team that collaborates with cross-functional teams. You will help maintain our infrastructure and support the applications. Our fast-paced environment is growing, and we need someone like you to help manage our multiple applications and back-end systems with a focus on reliability and security. In this role will have be responsible for Windows, Azure and provide timely and efficient support to assigned operations. The Senior Engineer maintains and supports ESX VMware, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint environments and other on premise and O365 applications, monitoring systems in all environments, and applies analytic and diagnostic skills in determining problem resolutions. The Ideal candidate has a drive for learning new things and is passionate about end-to-end technical solutions and act as a mentor to other team members.
- Drive infrastructure related projects involving updates, migrations, and servers independently or through collaboration with other engineers.
- Manage, administer, and maintain the various enterprise server systems including enterprise faxing, rights management, SFTP servers, and various application servers.
Optimizes Work Processes:
- Investigate and resolve operational problems at the architect level and in conjunction with other engineering personnel.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade Windows systems including Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, SQL servers, IIS, File, and Application servers. This will include monitoring to proactively detect infrastructure and networking issues.
- Perform management, maintenance, and architectural oversight of VMware, O365 including OneDrive, Exchange, and SharePoint.
- Manage, administer, and provide architectural oversight for the VMware vSphere virtual environment including host and guest operating systems.
- Work with Cybersecurity on vulnerability remediation to enhance the security posture.
- Partner with Cybersecurity and validate the release of infrastructure products and services in a multi-tiered environment to ensure compliance with Cybersecurity requirements and operational acceptance guidelines.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to deliver technical solutions in an agile environment.
- Write and maintain implementation and design documentation describing architecture, procedures, and security.
- Train and provide technical guidance to junior IT staff.
- Communicate progress and any challenges to management.
Be Open and Authentic:
- Demonstrate openness to new perspectives and ideas.
- Build trust with internal and external stakeholders by demonstrating consistency between words and actions
Position may be required to perform other duties as required. These essential functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or a combination of education and experience including through military service will also be considered.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience to include:
- 5+ years of senior-level Windows server engineering/administration experience, including but not limited to, Microsoft Azure cloud computing on O365 including SharePoint Online, Azure A.D., and Intune.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Windows networking including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory administration.
- SMTP/POP3 clients and servers.
- Scripting/Automation of Windows infrastructure using PowerShell, Python or Shell, or similar technology.
- Demonstrated proficiency with:
- Backups and disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Azure cloud infrastructure technologies.
- Migrating on-prem Microsoft applications to Azure cloud.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and nontechnical messages to all levels of staff.
- Strong organizational skills (must be detail-oriented), and the demonstrated ability to resolve problems quickly and successfully.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Perform as a technical lead that can act as a positive mentor/coach to other team members.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and successfully deliver projects on time.
- Work independently with little supervision and be a team player.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA
Additional Desired Requirements:
- Azure certification.
- Experience with Azure cloud applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with VMware’s ESX Host Administration, VMware Site Recovery Manager, and vROPS.
- Familiar with Cisco firewalls, switches, routers, and VOIP products.
Thursday, April 15, 2021