We are recruiting for a contractor for a 1 year initial duration job in Washington DC. Must be able to go into an office (like the old days) Monday thru Thursday in Downtown Washington DC.
Ability to manage highly sensitive and potentially volatile escalated communications on behalf of senior leadership through a variety of channels. Responsible for resolution of all BBB and Attorney General cases sent to the Association. Communicates professionally and confidently with Senior Leadership, Members of the Board, management, and Attorney General and Better Business Bureau offices. Must be able to creatively and confidently problem solve, balancing the needs of the member with the constraints of the Association. Exhibits a keen attention to detail, ensuring that work product is factually accurate and written with both the personal brand of senior leadership as well as the brand in mind. Individual must possess the skills required to compile reports and provide analysis. Must be able to prioritize and resolve escalations from multiple channels to include Attorney General offices, the Better Business Bureau, and the Contact centers. Must be able to effectively collaborate, initiate action and adapt to change. Able to make tough decisions and accept challenging assignments.
1. Responsible for research and resolution of all Better Business Bureau and Attorney General Cases sent to the Association. Ensures all service levels to escalating agencies are met, ensuring quality and content of response, providing thorough and actionable feedback for process improvement to Consumer Care Managers and contact centers.
2. Responds to escalated cases received from Leadership ensuring that swift action is taken and escalation process is followed, meeting established service levels and providing confirmation of resolution expeditiously.
3. Collaborates with key contacts from across the Association including media to ensure that the “CEO’s” response is in line with the goals of the Association and positively promotes the image.
4. Serves as departmental liaison to senior leadership, communicating with poise, confidence, and providing resolution that goes beyond the scope of the initial concern.
5. Must be able to gather, extract, review, and consolidate a variety of information and statistical data and prepare standard and ad hoc operational reports. Ensures that the statistical reports produced are accurate, complete, and presentation ready.
6. Crafts well written, researched, and member focused responses for correspondence received by the Ombudsman team. Maintains excellent knowledge of initiatives, legislative positions and policies and is able to clearly and professionally communicate position both verbally and in writing.
7. Responsible for researching and resolving complex membership complaints escalated through the contact centers as well as items sent directly to Leadership. Must be able to clearly articulate resolution both verbally and in writing, strengthening member’s confidence.
8. Responsible for all aspects of service to the legacy company gift membership program to include providing direct liaison with company administrators to resolve concerns.
9. Responsible for employee membership accounts, including requests for gift memberships.
10. Responsible for the processing of escalated external cases to include follow-up with business partners to ensure completion of request within service level. Collaborates with contact center operations to provide feedback regarding emerging trends and identify potential opportunities for additional coaching to minimize future escalations.
11. Individual must be able to problem solve in a fast paced environment and make time sensitive decisions independently.
12. Attention to detail must be impeccable to mitigate negative impact to the Association’s reputation.
13. Must have the ability to prioritize multiple high profile requests, meeting deadlines with a superior product.
14. Position requires superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with individuals in multiple locations, developing partnerships across the Association which enables Ombudsman team to meet service level commitments.
15. Demonstrates Leadership Behaviors in all interactions.
DESIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a correspondence or contact center environment or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position.
• Skilled in using personal computer, proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Able to navigate and interpret company software and knowledge based tools.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to achieve a strong understanding of policies, procedures and issue stances with a designated timeframe.
• Ability to work in a team environment that is fast paced and results oriented while achieving performance standards.
• Strong ownership mindset and resolve to follow-through.
• Ability to travel, work flexible shifts as well as flexibility to handle out of hours activity.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON-SITE MONDAY - THURSDAY
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Combining Talent with Technology"