The Consortium, Inc.
- Rockville, MD
Position Summary. The Oracle Database Developer works to deliver project results and value to the business and its clients. The Developer must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle: requirements development, analysis and design, construction, and testing. The Developer will coordinate and perform in an ongoing support role with regards to system operations and results. The candidate will fine-tune the performance of the Oracle DB and PL/SQL code base and application-specific tables.
- Design, architect, develop, and maintain databases, and services based upon business and user requirements
- Develop and document technical requirements, designs, system testing plans, and other technical project documentation
- Drive efficiency and predictability through the use of standard processes and measurements
- Perform Oracle database administration and performance tuning
- Work with other application development teams on integration requirements
- Create, design and architect databases based upon business and user requirements
- Translate end-user requirements and specifications into efficient executable programs
- Perform both logical and physical modeling of database objects for optimal performance
- Develop project plans and timelines when requested to meet critical delivery dates
- Develop, test, and deploy code into the appropriate environment
- Application configuration and support for other software, Enterprise jobs, and ETL processes.
- Create, Optimize and performance tune PL/SQL queries.
- Support the business during afterhours as needed.
- Develop functional and technical requirements/design documentation
- Develop testing scenarios and required testing environment and procedures
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Effective Written and Oral Communications
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Results Orientation
Advanced understanding of Oracle database architecture
Strong Oracle PL/SQL programming and Oracle database performance/SQL tuning skills
Knowledge of partitioning and other data management techniques
Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Must have strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
Detail-oriented, organized, and ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
Self-motivated individual able to manage small to medium-sized projects
Development experience with RDS Oracle is a plus
Development experience with .NET is a plus
Years of Relevant Experience. 5-8 years of experience
Education Requirements. BS/BA in relevant field or equivalent years' experience
Thursday, August 11, 2022