Azure Java (.Net) Cloud Architect
The Consortium, Inc.
- Chevy Chase, MD
We have an exciting opportunity for an Azure-centric Java Architect to support large-scale, high-availability enterprise applications in Azure for the entire organization.
The role comprises proposing design and architecture, developing and maintaining a common set of frameworks, SDKs and automation tools so that Java and .NET applications may make use of Azure resources with minimal friction.
The position requires Azure and Java experience with some .NET experience a highly-valued bonus.
The position is 100% remote at this time, but will become hybrid at some unspecified future point in time.
- Experience on distributed systems in Azure.
- Java experience.
- .NET experience highly-valued but not mandatory.
- Strong understanding of software design principles.
- Strong sense of ownership with a long-term perspective.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the SDLC in an agile setting.
- 5+ years of architect-level Java experience.
- Experience writing Azure-native Java application.
- Experience writing framework-level code consumed by other developers.
- Strong Java 1.8+ and Spring experience is required.
- Experience with distributed applications and systems, e.g. caches, queues, NoSQL systems.
- Expert understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications.
- Expert understanding of API versioning and branching strategies/tools.
Tuesday, August 17, 2021