Lead Java Developer
The Consortium, Inc.
- Rockville, MD
This position will act as the lead developer for a suite of portal applications built on WebSphere/ Java J2EE stacks. The candidate will work closely with the team (business analysis, project managers, QA, development resources) to support existing features and design and implement new ones.
- Lead the Portal development team, provide end-to-end architecture of application Delivery, including its assembly and integration.
- Participate in planning, requirements gathering phases including design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document software applications
- Assist in review and analysis of production support activities.
- Create, design and architect integrations based upon business and user requirements
- Create and update System documentation and Design specifications.
- Apply industry software development standards and best practices.
- Accountable for meeting delivery dates on assigned projects and tasks
- Estimate effort involved in completing various development tasks.
- Report activities and progress to the management on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate work with offshore development teams
- Code reviews
- Develop queries to provide user view of data
- Translate end-user requirements and specifications into efficient executable programs
- Optimize and performance tune SQL queries and processes
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Effective Written and Oral Communications
- Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Results Orientation
Experience in development, testing, applications using JSR 286 and 168 portlets, Java/J2EE, JDBC, JSP, Servlets.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming and software development life cycle.
- Expertise in conceptualizing, modeling, and constructing secure Java/JEE web-based solutions using frameworks like Spring, Struts, Hibernate and SOAP/REST Webservices.
- Experience in architecture, design and development of J2EE Applications, Portlets, and deploying them to WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience in server-side Java programming, UI Frameworks such as jQuery and AngularJS
- Extensive experience on authentication and authorization systems using SAML, OAuth 2.0.
- Experience with DevOps tools, source code tools like GitHub, SVN, build management tools like Maven, Ant.
- Development experience using Eclipse, RAD.
- Experience in the following WebSphere areas is not required but preferred:
- WebSphere Portal
- WebSphere Experience factory, Portlets
- WebSphere Content Manager
- WebSphere Application Server
- IBM Http Server
- Experience with MS SQL Server database development
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated individual able to manage small to medium-sized projects
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
Years of Relevant Experience. 5-8 years of experience
Education Requirements. BS/BA in relevant field or equivalent years' experience
Thursday, August 11, 2022