Senior Network Engineer - Cisco IOS, Cloud
The Consortium, Inc.
- Herndon, VA
About the Role:
Do you enjoy being a key contributor in a digital modernization effort to re-engineer and migrate Network Infrastructure from on-premise to a hybrid cloud environment? Do you want to tap your technical skills and experience to implement innovative Network Infrastructure solutions and solving technical problems? If you have well-rounded experience with full exposure to the entire Network including Routing, Switching, Security, VoIP, Firewalls and Wireless, then this job is for you!
In this job, you convert business requirements into a workable Network solution which is then incorporated in the overall Enterprise system infrastructure. You will roadmap and implement advanced network technologies while working with a team of Infrastructure Engineers and supporting staff to build, deploy, and operate the Enterprise Network Infrastructure. Additionally, you will be responsible for performing upgrades, applying fixes to the current environments which include Pre-Prod and Production.
How You Contribute:
- Demonstrate competencies, which align with our corporate value Manager will provide more detail to candidates as needed.
- Core Competencies include: Customer Focus, Optimizes Work Processes, Collaborates, Communicates Effectively, and Be Open and Authentic.
- Monitor network components to proactively identify incidents, resolve issues, and participate in root cause analysis.
- Follows best practices when applying patch/vulnerability management within network components on-premise and cloud environments (i.e. AWS and Azure).
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through Operational procedures and project delivery.
- Review Firewall / Access Control Lists (FW/ACL) for security and best practices prior to having them applied.
- Proactively maintain and develop all network infrastructure to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service.
- Provide a strong sense of ownership, urgency, drive, and delivery.
Optimizes Work Processes:
- Proactively identify network challenges and future
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the network environment.
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and develop ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Maintain network segmentation that includes 5 environments.
- Create Network documentation (e.g., network/system schematics, daily operational procedures, disaster recovery procedures, and checklists) for both on-premises and cloud hosted Networks.
- Work in tandem with Cybersecurity to improve cloud-based network related services and influencing teams to incorporate security best practices.
- Work closely with the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure teams, providing guidance to mitigate security weaknesses in on-premise and cloud environments.
- Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations, and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
- Practice attentive and active listening and express ideas clearly and in a diplomatic manner in conversations and interactions with others.
- Demonstrate excellence communication skills, and effectively communicate solutions, technical and nontechnical messages and concerns to management and stakeholders concisely and with urgency.
- Willingly share expertise and important or relevant information with team members.
- Interact and communicate with IBM for firewall, service providers in a clear and concise manner that ensure directions and resolutions with little or no impact to applications.
Be Open and Authentic:
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
- Demonstrate openness to new perspectives and ideas.
Position may be required to perform other duties as required. These essential functions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or relevant technical degree. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience to include 5+ years of Network Engineering and Operations Enterprise experience.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges with Networking solutions.
- Fluent with Cisco IOS.
- Demonstrates proficiency with all of the following:
- Cisco routers switches, Firewalls, Cisco IDP, Load Balancers, Log Management Appliances.
- Network design and supporting complex networks.
- Routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, HSRP, MPLS, Site-site VPN and reporting protocol and tools.
- Applying patches/vulnerabilities to networking equipment.
- Monitoring system performance and capacity planning (ex. Nagios, PRTG).
- Installation of Cisco hardware that supports customer-facing applications, enterprise projects, and operational activities.
- Documenting and developing professional network diagrams and illustrations with Visio.
- AWS and Azure Networking.
- Disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Integrate security best practices with system hardening guidelines across various technical platforms in order to enhance the security posture of the enterprise, network, systems, and applications.
- Lead networking projects and working successfully with internal and external customers.
- Perform as a technical lead that can act as a positive mentor/coach to other team members.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and successfully deliver projects on time.
- Work independently with little supervision and be a team player who demonstrates the ability to work directly with the stakeholders to gather requirements and architect change.
- Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented, and the demonstrated ability to quickly and successfully resolve problems under pressure.
- Strong understanding of:
- Network integrations within virtualized VMware/Oracle VM server environments
- The implementation and deployment of network technologies across on premise, and cloud platforms.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and nontechnical messages to all levels of staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other collaboration tools.
- Demonstrates the core competencies: customer focus, optimizes work processes, communicates effectively, collaborates, and is open and authentic.
- Live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
Additional Desired Requirements:
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Cisco Unity, Expressway, and Call Manager (UCCX).
- CCNP Certification or equivalent.
Monday, October 18, 2021