Software Engineer Test Automation
The Consortium, Inc.
- Reston, VA
****This position is NOT open to subcontracting scenarios. Only W2 candidates, or those with their own companies will be considered****
- Automated API integration testing
- Automated E2E browser testing
- AWS - Dynamo
- AWS - Lambda
- AWS - S3
- Manual QA
Position: Software Engineer - Test Automation
Team: Item Cloud - this team is developing serverless applications (green code) for content authorizations.
Profile: They seek a software engineer with a speciality in test automation
Test Engineer, Automation is responsible for coding and executing automation test scripts. The incumbent is responsible analyzing user stories and creating automated integration, system and acceptance test cases to ensure software quality and compliance with business intent. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for the analysis of scoring functional requirements, developing, executing test cases, test scripts for User interface, API, relational database, and evaluating test results to determine compliance with test plans and established business processes.
What you’ll do
- Establish an automated testing framework, define testing practices, and integrate automated tests into CI/CD pipelines for multiple products
- Code automated test scripts for using the following technologies:
- Testing frameworks and libraries such as Jest, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Python’s unittest, mock etc.
- Selenium, Cypress, and similar browser APIs
- Code automated tests for:
- js frontend/browser interaction
- Serverless Python REST backends
- Provides guidance to others in carrying out QA duties, while performing technically advanced responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains technical testing methodologies and processes.
- Develops test strategies and plans. Oversees the development of and/or develops and maintains test data.
- Develops and delivers verbal and written status reports on the testing of the features.
- Work with software engineers and product owners to identify tests to ensure quality and accuracy of story delivery.
- Assist in the confirmation of bugs reported from outside sources, document and communicate them to the development team. Verify when resolved.
- Assist in the identification, selection, and implementation of software tools and technologies, and testing techniques and procedures that facilitate automated testing and quality assurance.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in software systems, programming, testing and quality assurance.
- Working experience with tools cited above.
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS, and browser DOM
- Experience working in Agile methodologies
- Working experience with CICD and DevOps
- Experience testing code running in Amazon Web Services, especially AWS Lambda
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work as a member of cross-functional project teams
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability
- Able to function both with minimal supervision and in a team-oriented unit
- Deep interest in expanding educational opportunity for all students
Monday, June 28, 2021