We are working with a Fintech partner to leverage their digital platform for student loan assistance. You’ll be responsible for deeply understanding our user’s problems and priorities, and collaborating with internal stakeholders and our Fintech partner, as needed, to create solutions that address them. You will work closely with the Program Development and Benefits Access teams, other internal groups (e.g. Evaluations, Communications & Marketing, Research, Technology) and external groups (e.g. vendors, community organizations, and thought leaders) to manage this program and scale this new student loan initiative. As part of the program’s progression, you will assess program participant’s overall debt landscape and identify other programs and public benefits they may be eligible for.
• Reporting and Project Management: Manage the project plan, and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to create monthly and quarterly reports.
• External Organization Engagement: Develop and manage a pipeline of external organizations to scale the program through a B2B2C approach. Communicate the value proposition to prospective and existing partners.
• New Channel Development: Thinking like an entrepreneur and collaborating with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for product growth.
• Communication: Convey ideas to internal and external stakeholders through: user stories, briefs, process artifacts, formal reports, presentations, etc.
• User Research: Drive consistent customer research, experimentation, and iteration in our student loan program and new innovations that are approved to scale.
• Insights: Translate user needs into new ideas and create a roadmap to improve our customer experience.
Your strengths and skills:
• Agile and Pragmatic: You like getting things done, believe in the MVP and seek out the shortest path to the best answer. When faced with restrictions or challenges you can turn those into realistic opportunities.
• Grittiness and Curiosity: You dive in and tackle our biggest challenges head on.
• Proactive and Self-Motivated: You see something that can be improved and you don’t wait for permission to take action. You have a strong desire to make this program an exceptional experience for our end users.
• Focus and Organization: You ruthlessly prioritize action plans and have experience managing iterative projects over multiple quarters to deliver timely results.
• Empathy and User Research: You are familiar with various research methods from which you are able to glean actionable insights. Your put the user at the center of the design and program to ensure that real human needs are being met.
• Communication: You’re an expert at written and verbal communication.
• Analytical Capabilities: You enjoy digging into data to find insights, even with messy or incomplete data.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of experience in program or product management
• Financial services, FinTech, or economic mobility familiarity is a plus
• 12-month contract position, with extension up to 3 years based on funding.Comments for Suppliers:I am looking for a product manager with 4-6 years of experience. It's a plus if they have familiariity with fintech products, or economic mobility/ financial security programs for low- to moderate- income familiies. This role must have someone who is familiar with User Research (example: A/B tests, surveys, interviews, etc.) to then find insights that translate into action steps to evolve and iterate our program. I am looking for someone with strong communciation skills who can communicate our value proposition, and identify marketing channels and growth opportunities - particularly with external organizations with a B2B (nonprofit to nonprofit) approach. This role will be responsible for managing the project plan, tracking key performance indiciators, and creating our monthly and quarterly reports. A top candidate will be agile, curious, proactive and self-motivated. We will face challenges and slow-downs and I need someone who is thinking ahead and finding creative solutions.