User Experience Manager
We are looking for a high-performing User Experience Manager who is interested in a role blending customer experience, consumer research, and program development. The User Experience Manager will gain a thorough understanding of our customers, their unmet needs, and priorities to support an intuitive experience. This role will work closely with internal and external organizations to scale this new initiative.
• Gain a thorough understanding of customer needs, both existing and potential, by conducting research (interviews, surveys, focus groups, etc.).
• Distill key themes and insights to develop customer personas, journey maps, and other artifacts.
• Gather, synthesize, and distill large amounts of information on student loan debt and consumer debt from multiple sources into easily consumable key insights.
• Analyze product usage data and translate customer insights into actionable strategic recommendations to deliver new value to customers, address business needs and inform communications.
• Develop and maintain a program strategy roadmap to ensure all stakeholders have a shared understanding of the customer’s needs, program objectives, goals, and metrics.
• In collaboration with stakeholders, guide the messaging strategy, creation of internal and external programmatic narratives, and stories to align with customer priorities.
• Offer direction and align with vendors and stakeholders to determine needs and requirements through the product cycle (e.g. customer acquisition, product adoption, usage, retention).
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of experience in UX Research, Content Strategy, Design Thinking, or Program Management; and experience scaling a social impact digital product or program.
• The natural ability to empathize with consumers and experience applying a user-centric and iterative approach to program development.
• Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies; curious and enjoys asking “why”.
• Strong sensemaking skills, with the ability to distill large amounts of data into actionable information and to develop nuanced recommendations that take into account the needs of both customers and the organization.
• Experience applying frameworks such as SWOT, journey mapping, or business model canvases.
• Entrepreneurially minded problem solver who feels comfortable navigating ambiguity; can work both collaboratively and independently and resolve issues as they arise.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft clear, concise messages for specific audiences.
• Familiarity with student debt, consumer debt, and/or financial security is a plus.
Location: Washington, D.C. Client has a hybrid schedule- remote on Mondays and Friday, in office Tuesday – Thursday. 18-month contract position, up to three years total based performance and continued funding.
We are looking for a user experience manager with 4-6 years of experience with strong tactical UX background. This role is a blend between the typical UX Researcher and UX Designer roles, and we are seeking a hybrid of expertise and strategy. This role must have someone who is familiar with User Research (example: A/B tests, surveys, interviews, etc.) to then find insights that translate into action steps to evolve and iterate our program. A top candidate will be agile, curious, proactive and self-motivated. We will face challenges and slow-downs and I need someone who is thinking ahead and finding creative solutions.
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Combining Talent with Technology"