Java Cloud Architect
The Consortium, Inc.
- Chevy Chase, MD
We are looking for a strong Java architect with cloud experience to work in a growing data science team creating applications and services to provide a 360 degree view of customers.
As part of this team you will be designing, populating and consuming customer data stores in our data lake and exposing that data through web services. As a senior developer you will have the opportunity to mentor more junior associates and help grow our team. You will be working with technologies such as Spring Boot, Kafka, Cassandra, Datastax Graph Database, Spark/Scala, and Kubernetes in an Azure environment.
- MUST HAVE 12+ years of experience working in a Java enterprise environment
- MUST HAVE experience working on high volume systems
- MUST HAVE at least 5 years of experience working with Spring, Spring Boot, and Web Services
- MUST HAVE experience with Cassandra, HBase, Bigtable, or DynamoDB
- MUST HAVE experience developing in a Linux environment
- MUST HAVE experience working in one of the big cloud environments - Azure, AWS, or Google
HIGHLY DESIRED REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with a graph database such as DataStax
- Experience with the GraphQL API
- Experience with Kafka or other similar large-scale messaging technologies
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Spark and Scala
- Experience configuring and using Gradle and/or Maven
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC and Agile/Scrum procedures, CI/CD and Automation
Friday, December 3, 2021