We are seeking a fully billingual Digital Editor to work for our client remotely on a full-time basis.
Digital Bilingual Editor, en español
This position may be local in the DC area, or remote within the United States or Puerto Rico. Must be available during core office hours, from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time.
- Fully bilingual (English-Spanish) and bicultural
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in Spanish
- Strong digital content background, including experience in the use of CMS, analytics tools, and SEO
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as top-level content editor
- Experience and interest in core content issue areas of healthy living, fraud, savings and planning, work, caregiving, news and political advocacy, a plus
- Deep knowledge of the U.S. Hispanic age 50+ market
- Team player comfortable working with other writers, editors, digital producers, translators, product developers, and SEO specialists
- Comfortable working in a newsroom environment with quick turnaround of assigned content and often daily updates
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
Consultant will provide top-notch Spanish-language editorial services including:
- Collaboration in the creation of a multimedia editorial strategy for aarp.org/espanol, especially core content issue areas, based on web analytics and organizational priorities;
- Proposing, writing and editing original Spanish-language content for channels on aarp.org/español;
- Identifying English-language content for translation/transcreation;
- Updating of channel pages as needed or assigned, including selection of content to promote;
Web production will utilize Adobe’s AEM (or current version) Content Management System with custom templates, an editorial workflow and publishing management tool (CPS), Google Adwords, Conductor, or other similar tools for SEO keyword research, and Omniture’s Site Catalyst 15 (or current version) for metrics analytics. Consultant will interface with other teams including Translation Services, English Content and Digital teams, Product, Design, Studios, Social Media, Strategic Communications, Membership and others to stay up to speed on upcoming projects; as well as with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) and other departments to support cross-departmental multicultural projects and initiatives, as needed. Consultant’s services will aid in the achievement of digital goals surrounding unique visitors, site visits, site registration, page views, mobile visits, member conversions and revenue.
Consultant will deliver approximately 30 original or translated Spanish-language content pieces per month that meet the organization’s KPIs and drive site registration and membership actions. Deliverables also include: Attendance at daily, weekly, and monthly team meetings, and other cross-departmental meetings as needed.
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to email@example.com
"Combining Talent with Technology"