Backend Java/J2EE Developer
The Consortium, Inc.
- Rockville, MD
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline with at least Six (6) years of work experience
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, databases, and operating systems.
- 6+ years of experience in Java/J2EE and Web/Application Servers
- 4+ years of experience in Relational Databases and creating complex queries. Experience with NoSQL databases is an added advantage.
- 2+ years of experience developing and delivering solutions in AWS
- 2+ years of experience with build scripting tools such as Gradle, Maven and setting up CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or similar platforms
- Unit and Integration testing experience with JUnit 4+
- Experience working in Agile development environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
Good to have:
- Any certifications (Java, AWS, etc...)
- Knowledge or experience with Big data, Machine Learning technologies and analytic frameworks
Tools and Technologies to look for:
- Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Microservices, Spring Data JPA, Spring Security, Design Patterns, REST API, Hibernate, OAuth
- Tomcat, JBoss or other application servers
- SQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL (Aurora) and NoSQL databases, DynamoDB
- AWS: EC2, EMR, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, AMI, VPC, Auto Scaling groups, Security Groups, Cloud Front, Route 53, CI/CD Pipeline
- Containerization frameworks and tools: Docker
Tuesday, May 25, 2021