Outreach Specialist for Older Adults - Advocacy, Recruiting, Job fairs in Rocky Mount, NC
The Consortium, Inc.
- Rocky Mount, NC
Position: Outreach Specialist
We seek an energized, self-directed task manager to use labor market information to recruit eligible applicants and identify community-training opportunities that could lead to in-demand jobs and potential new careers. In addition to working with participants, the Outreach Specialist will complete eligibility determinations and applications, lead job search workshops for training participants, and interface with non-profit community agencies. The Specialist will work with the SCSEP team to help participants successfully apply for jobs while building conidence and skills to continue to grow in their careers and achieve their individual “dream job” goals.
- Recruit and enroll eligible applicants and Host Agencies into the Senior Community Service Employment Program with diverse clients aged 55 and older.
- Plan, host, and assist with outreach/recruitment events with applicants, community agencies, and/or employers.
- Provide reports for each event and progress for counties assigned.
- Learn the enrollment process and accompanying forms to ensure all program requirements are met.
- Research local employers with jobs that match the training programs and coordinate with the Project Director and Regional Manager to ensure that participants are able to transition to employment
- Conduct vocational research, job analyses, labor market surveys, and transferable skills analyses
- Local travel (via car) throughout the assigned area to conduct job duties.
- Strong advocacy, interpersonal, outreach, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently with remote supervision.
Experience and Educational Requirements Required:
- HS Diploma & equivalent years of experience; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Personal or Career Coach training- is desired. Public Speaking training experience is a plus!
- Must have reliable transportation and be comfortable traveling throughout the regional area.
- Experience in career services helping adults obtain and maintain employment, such as job placement and coaching.
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Combining Talent with Technology"
Friday, April 14, 2023