Career Opportunities with Army's GoArmyEd Contract - Fort Knox, KY
CoreSys Consulting is pursuing an opportunity to work with the Army’s GoArmyEd team. GoArmyEd is the Army’s enterprise voluntary education portal that allows eligible Soldiers, Cadets, and Army Civilians to request financial assistance for classroom and online learning courses anytime and from anywhere. GoArmyEd is a dynamic online system that automates many of the paper-based processes historically conducted in-person at Army Education Centers. The GoArmyEd system includes an automated registration tool that enforces TA policies and procedures, provides for automated financial transactions, tracks progress within the system, and allows visibility of financial management and regulatory compliance of enrollment processes. Soldiers use GoArmyEd to pursue their post-secondary education goals. They can request TA, access college degree programs, select classes, gain access to military or academic testing and select on-duty programs through the system. Army Education Counselors use GoArmyEd to document education guidance and respond to Soldier requests for educational assistance. Educational institutions provide information on courses and degree programs for Soldiers, process credit-bearing enrollments, submit course grades and degree completions and submit invoices for payment in the system. Cadets use GoArmyEd to manage their scholarship benefits and submit Cadet Payment Requests (CPR). Army Civilians use GoArmyEd to request their professional development and academic degree training. GoArmyEd provides centralized troubleshooting support, and information about GoArmyEd processes and policies to all users.
The Modern GoArmyEd seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Create, maintain, and sustain a Common Operating Environment (COE) to support education services for Army military and civilian personnel, anytime and anywhere
- Develop a flexible, real-time system that is adaptable to the Army’s financial assistance needs and changes in financial assistance policies
- Allow Army military and civilian personnel online access to their complete education records and allow them to perform education self-service actions that can promote efficiencies
- Implement the GoArmyEd system using the current www.goarmyed.com Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
- Obtain high quality, cost-effective, and secure services necessary to meet operational requirements by taking advantage of commercial marketplace offerings for educational, management and operation services accessed through the system; ACES recognizes that technology is rapidly evolving and advancing and desires that GoArmyEd services and features remain up-to-date with commercial equivalents
- Develop, implement, and maintain a system which is capable of incorporating new and emerging technologies, and adapting to expeditiously incorporate new mission or policy requirements
- Establish ACES - contractor partnership to mutually satisfy Army’s requirements and ensure that flexible, effective, and efficient operations of the GoArmyEd system are maintained
- Perform and support continuous monitoring of the application and system under Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Ensure transition of historical and existing system data from the current vendor into the modernized GoArmyEd system for continued sustainment of operations
- Develop a system that is configurable to incorporate new users and new functionalities supporting the ACES mission
This work will be performed primarily in Fort Knox, KY, and all positions will require a minimum Secret Security Clearance and some positions may require IAT Certifications in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M (Primarily CompTIA Security+ or equivalent).
As part of this effort, CoreSys is seeking incumbent and experienced individuals to fill the following roles:
Subject Matter Experts
Software Engineers / Developers (All levels of experience)
BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education and years of experience requirements will vary depending on role and level, but all positions will require US Citizenship and a minimum Secret Clearance (Interim to start). Positions will be located primarily at Fort Knox, KY.
CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily with the US Government. We hold a CMMI maturity level 3 rating in both Services and Development as well as an ISO 9001:2015 certification. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE / Open Source Solutions, Data Warehousing, plus much more. Full time employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services’ competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.