Systems Engineer - Sr Ab Initio Developer
- Crystal City, VA
Performs conversions, interface development, documentation and unit testing for the IPPS-A project, using the IPPS-A tools. Participates in development, integration and deployment of solutions. This role is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting application solutions and re-engineered components based on client requirements. Performs business and technical designer functions, including making contributions to business and technical architecture components of the enterprise solution. This role is responsible for supporting technical documentation using the project's toolset, code development based on design specifications, data management, and progress reviews with client stakeholders.
- General responsibility in the design, development and delivery of human resources data integration between multiple external systems and PeopleSoft, using Ab Initio ETL
- Develop technical solutions to business challenges and functional requirements
- Create, update and edit functional and technical design specifications and solutions to satisfy project requirements
- Interpret requirements, perform complex analyses and present options and recommendations to obtain desired results
- Supports and independently owns tasks related to design, development of conversions and interfaces
- Conduct Unit testing and resolve issues found in testing
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple, dynamic priorities
- Provides overall technical and logistical support to the programs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree and 7-9 years of relative experience
- At least 2 years of experience in design, development of conversions and interfaces with ETL tools such as Datastage, Informatica or Ab Initio
- Experience in reading/writing source to target mapping documents
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a strong focus on customer service and solution ownership
- Strong analytical skills and can demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner and success working in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, dynamic priorities.
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Must have an active Secret clearance
- Experience with Ab Initio ETL Platform (plans, graphs, psets, meta-programming, etc.)
- Experience with PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.5x and Integration Broker
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2
- Experience as a data modeler and/or data architect
- Experience with DoDAF Artifacts
- Experience with existing Army Human Resources data and systems
- Up to 10% of time for travel may be required.
Must be a US Citizen and possess a Security Clearance due to Federal Contracting Requirements
About Us: CoreSys Consulting is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) working primarily within the US Department of Defense. The CoreSys leadership team has over twenty years of project planning, execution, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. We specialize in Custom Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and Governance, DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), CIO Support, Application Transformation and Modernization, J2EE Solutions, Data Warehousing, etc. Employees are eligible to participate immediately in CoreSys Consulting Services competitive employee benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance as well as participation in our 401k program with a company match.
Wednesday, June 13, 2018